Leverage your leadership skills to manage large scale change in urban school districts!
TNTP seeks a full-time Partner for our Client Team. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. and is available immediately. Frequent travel (up to 40%) is required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP's Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students.
What You’ll Do
The Partner is a critical leader at TNTP - driving the development of services, managing a portfolio of client engagements or contracts within our client services team, and serving as a face of the organization to our district partners and external stakeholders. The Partner will advance innovative and nuanced solutions to TNTP’s clients’ biggest challenges and ensure engagements meet client needs and achieve ambitious goals.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide the leadership, strategic direction, decision making, and client and team management necessary to ensure the success of TNTP’s work with a portfolio of district and charter partners
- Manage program and service design, messaging and implementation at senior level; oversee the successful launch of new contracts and expand existing partnerships
- Build and manage high-level client relationships to ensure client investment in our ongoing partnerships
- Utilize long-term planning and quality controls to ensure contract goals are met and ongoing work is stable and sustainable
- Hire, manage, and develop staff who will oversee the delivery of TNTP’s work
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level (a sense of humor and passion for good food are welcome too).
We expect our Partners to:
- Drive strategy and innovation. You’re a strategy setter who can generate innovative and nuanced solutions to complex challenges, provide strategic vision, anticipate challenges, and assess the effectiveness of our work.
- Motivate and influence others to act. We’re counting on your ability to clearly communicate complex information in a compelling way. You are as comfortable advising a Commissioner of Education on teacher effectiveness policy as you are collaborating with a Superintendent on human capital strategy, and can influence decision-makers at all levels of an organization. You persuade your audience to deliver results.
- Lead thriving teams. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to manage TNTP’s people. You will lead teams to success by leveraging and developing talent to maximize our impact.
- Support sustainability and growth. You understand and consider external conditions that affect the organization’s work, actively advocate for change, and successfully propose new services that align to strategic priorities when necessary. You build and maintain a strong external network and are viewed as a leader within the larger field.
- Experience leading complex organizational change efforts, including the ability to develop a clear vision and purposeful strategy to achieve ambitious goals
- Demonstrated success navigating and managing complex and nuanced relationships, including the ability to motivate and influence the decisions of TNTP’s most senior-level clients
- The ability to critically assess challenges and identify innovative, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Excellent management skills, including experience effectively managing staff and developing talent to achieve ambitious goals
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to work efficiently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing and managing budgets, including financial forecasting and maximizing revenue
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. The priority application deadline for this position is January 7, 2019. After that date applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people