Seeking Passionate Instructional Leaders!
TNTP seeks a summer Pre-Service Training Operations Associate for the Baltimore City Teaching Residency (BCTR). This position is based in Baltimore, MD and is available in Summer 2019 with training for the role beginning in Spring 2019. To be considered for this role, you must be able to attend training during the Spring at least twice per week for a six-week time period. In addition, candidates must have 100% availability during the six-week Pre-Service Training experience.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Through a TNTP partnership with City Schools, Baltimore City Teaching Residency (BCTR) provides career changers and recent college graduates the chance to transform the lives of Baltimore City youth. We are not just any teacher preparation program. We do not just provide a means to earn certification. We prepare teachers to lead thriving, academically demanding classroom communities in which students achieve at high levels. Currently, one in ten Baltimore City Teachers became a teacher through BCTR.
The Baltimore City Teaching Residency prepares Residents to achieve immediate, measurable success with their students in the fall. Our training approach, called Fast Start, focuses on foundational skills that we believe Residents must have to ensure a strong start to the school year as a new teacher. During their pre-service training, Residents rehearse the foundational skills, receive coaching, and practice them with students. Residents must demonstrate proficiency in these skills in order to successfully complete pre-service training and become a teacher of record in the fall.
What You’ll Do
The Operations Associate is the backbone of Pre-Service Training. The Operations Associate supports data management for the Baltimore City Teaching Residency and plays an integral role in enabling coaches and instructors to collect, access, and use program data to support coaching, support, and decision making throughout the summer. The Operations Associate will also provide day to day business and logistics support to the BCTR team as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain site setup and breakdown of the temporary Pre-Service Training site
- Developing a system for and maintaining accurate records of attendance
- Managing data completion in all systems used during Pre-Service Training including TT2 and internal data trackers
- Supporting implementation of a positive culture for staff and Residents
- Support smooth program operations through customer service and logistics
- Identify and resolve errors with submitted data to ensure accuracy and consistency; provide summary updates on issues to the appropriate team member
- Draft, issue, and track completion of warning and/or removal letters/conversations
- Create and issue daily data summaries
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
Operations Associates loves working in a supportive role. The Operations Associate loves data and makes sure the data we collect is easily accessible and complete. Ideal candidates will have:
- A commitment to consistently producing high quality, detailed work
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- The ability to support a vision without direct involvement in the work
- The ability to work well independently and flexibly
- The ability to make sense of large sets of data, and communicate stories from data to various audiences
- The ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong communication skills, externally and internally
- Strong program or project management experience and the ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to adapt to challenges quickly and propose and implement thoughtful solutions
- Demonstrated success in analyzing and interpreting quantitative data and diverse information and making recommendations based on the findings
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Docs and Google Sheets (highly preferred)
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including to attain and develop effective partnerships to meet common goals
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience working in high-need schools or with high-needs populations (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire students and adults
- Exceptional skills in time management, including the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Readiness to work non-standard hours over the course of the pre-service training
- A positive outlook, flexibility, and sense of possibility in stressful situations
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis to support decision-making
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position. On average, Field Experience managers can expect to make $25/hour. TNTP offers a motivated team of dynamic colleagues, a collegial atmosphere that values professional development and valuable feedback, and the chance to impact the direction of a growing, mission-driven company that is committed to the success of our nation’s children.
The Pre-Service Training Operations Associate can expect up to 20 hours of training over multiple days in the spring in the summer. Pre-Service Training Operations Associates are focused on preparation work in advance of pre-service training and a full-time commitment of 30 – 40+hours/week for the five weeks of pre-service training.
If you are interested in becoming a Pre-Service Training Operations Associate for the Baltimore City Teaching Residency, please submit a resume and one-page cover letter that answers the following questions:
Why does your experience and skills make you a strong candidate to support operations, data collection, and data analysis for the Baltimore City Teaching Residency?
Looking at the role responsibilities for this position, what do you believe is the greatest strength you would bring to our team?
Looking at the role and responsibilities for this position, what skills might you need to sharpen in order to be highly successful in this role?
Please submit your application online.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people