Seeking On Campus Ambassadors to Recruit a New Generation of Teachers for L.A. Public Schools
TNTP seeks a part-time Campus Recruitment Ambassadors for the RootsLA Teaching Pathway program. This position will be based in Los Angeles, and is available immediately.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
We are partnering with Great Public Schools Now to design, launch, and implement RootsLA Teaching Pathway, an undergraduate teacher residency that brings born and bred Angelenos back home to teach in their local communities to become strong role models and effective educators for Los Angeles’ students.
What You’ll Do
The Campus Recruitment Ambassador will support TNTP’s efforts to recruit talented and diverse college students to join RootsLA Teaching Pathway, a new program under TNTP Teaching Fellows.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Running tables at career fairs and connecting with students
- Coordinating outreach to student organizations
- Executing marketing campaigns
- Scheduling and executing recruitment calls, text messages, and meetings with students, speaking persuasively about the program
- Using our database, track and enter candidate calls, analyze call reports, and adjust cultivation call strategy as needed.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Campus Recruitment Ambassador to:
- Have an unwavering belief that ALL children can learn. A passion for education is essential to being successful in this role.
- Plan and execute smooth operations. Your planning will be the backbone of an efficient and productive program. The team will look to you to establish systems, develop project plans, and support implementation.
- Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or on the phone, your communications are articulate and concise. You understand your audience and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
- Current student at a Los Angeles area college/university
- Able to build relationships on campus with diverse student groups
- Willingness to collect and track detailed notes using a database.
- Strong organizational, time management and project planning skills
- A positive outlook, flexibility and sense of possibility.
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive rate commensurate with experience in a similar position. We offer generous 403(b) matching contributions for eligible staff, access to virtual healthcare (copays apply), discounted pet insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits in NYC and D.C., referral bonuses and other employee discounts. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Campus Recruitment Ambassadors can expect to work 5-7 hours/week through May 1, 2018.
If you are interested in becoming a Campus Ambassador, please submit a resume online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.