Use your program operations and communications skills to end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a full-time Program Manager to join the TNTP AmeriCorps program team. This position is based out of a home office anywhere in the United States (New York City/Tri-State Area preferred), and is available immediately. If located outside of the New York City area, travel up to 25% may be required.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
The TNTP AmeriCorps Program executes a grant from the federal Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) to engage our new teachers and their students in community service. Eligible teachers in select TNTP programs receive training to incorporate service-learning, volunteerism and community engagement into their teaching, including opportunities to participate in special events in their local communities, such as Martin Luther King Day of Service. In return, they receive several financial benefits, including a $5,800 education award. This summer, 800 TNTP teachers across the country will enroll in the TNTP AmeriCorps program. Our team is virtual, with some of us based in TNTP’s Brooklyn office, and others working remotely from home offices across the country.
What You’ll Do
As a Program Manager, you play a critical role in advancing the TNTP AmeriCorps program, your department and TNTP’s goals. Primarily, you will manage operations, communications and data-analysis and will be responsible for developing and maintaining program management tools and processes that drive the year-long program cycle. Secondarily, you will contribute to the grant renewal strategy and projects related to maintaining funding, such as writing grant proposals. Other responsibilities include:
- Understanding and implementing federal AmeriCorps regulations and TNTP grant requirements with fidelity
- Developing data and communication systems to help manage goal tracking
- Managing direct communication with teachers, CNCS clients, and TNTP staff
- Maintaining accurate electronic and hard-copy teacher records using information collected from TNTP’s and AmeriCorps’ teacher management systems
- Drafting communications and resource guides to support service-learning implementation in the classroom
- Preparing and leading training webinars for teachers
- Conducting research and writing of grant reports and the grant renewal applications
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect the Program Manager to:
- Believe in the power of community service and engagement. Central to this role is the belief that community service changes people and communities and is a powerful tool to reach young minds. You’ll reinforce these messages to inspire new teachers.
- Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t overwhelm you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion.
- Plan and execute smooth operations. Your planning will be the backbone of efficient and productive teams. The team will look to you to establish systems, develop project plans, and support implementation. You will manage up and across different pieces of work to ensure teams meet their goals.
- Deliver crisp, clean messages. Whether in writing or on the phone, your communications are well articulated and concise. You understand your audience and know how to deliver inspiring messages and tough news with ease and tactful finesse.
- Love Data. Your inclination to analyze data and make it come alive will be crucial in informing the work of the team.
- Partner with federal clients. You’ll regularly interact with CNCS, building strong relationships and providing a high level of support.
- Several years of strong program or project management experience with extraordinary attention to detail and professionalism, and the ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to challenges quickly, proposing and implementing thoughtful solutions
- Demonstrated success in analyzing and interpreting quantitative data and diverse information and to make recommendations based on the findings
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, including the ability to collaborate, attain and grow effective partnerships to meet common goals
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Bachelor degree (required)
- Experience managing federal funding (preferred)
- Development or proposal-writing experience (preferred)
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check.
At TNTP, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. TNTP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people