Use your teacher development expertise and passion for online learning to end educational inequality!
TNTP seeks a part-time Virtual Course Project Manager for the Learning Portal Team. This position is based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
Staff on TNTP's Client Team work alongside teachers, school leaders, districts and states to help them achieve their goals for students.
What You’ll Do
As a Virtual Course Project Manager, you will play a critical role in TNTP's teacher development initiatives and programs by leading development of online coursework that will be one component of TNTP’s rigorous training and certification program for new teachers in partnership with a school district. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the editing and development of existing high-quality courses and content for TNTP’s Learning Portal, or the creation of a new course
- Aligning course design and content to Common Core State Standards and/or Next Generation Science Standards and best practices for online learning
- Project manage one part-time course writer
- Managing one part-time course builder who builds the courses into our online TNTP Learning Portal
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
- Make strategic decisions on a daily basis. You’ll use your analytical and problem-solving skills to propose solutions and run with them every day. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; just the opposite, you thrive on it. Your creative instincts will help you deal with vague situations and develop new approaches to online teacher training with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Bring deep experience in teacher training. You have designed and led professional development for teachers and know how to move teachers from good to great. You believe in relying on practical, skills-based training strategies early in a teacher’s career, to lay a solid foundation for long-term effectiveness in the classroom.
- Superlative attention to detail. Our programs rely heavily on your work. We’ll count on you to surface and resolve issues along the way, as the integrity of your final product must be unquestionable.
- Love technology and online learning. You not only believe in the power of online learning platforms to transform classroom practice, you understand the unique value-add of online learning technology and advocate for smart ways to maximize its capabilities.
- Lead a thriving team. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to manage and develop TNTP’s amazing people.
- Deep understanding of effective teaching practices
- A strong education background and instructional skill set with at least two years K-12 teaching experience (required), preferably in a high-need school
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Previous experience designing and leading teacher professional development (required), preferably in a virtual environment
- Strong familiarity and experience with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) or Next Generation Science Standards required
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
- Staff management experience (preferred)
- Exceptional written communication skills
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience in a similar position. TNTP offers a motivated team of dynamic colleagues, a collegial atmosphere that values professional development and valuable feedback, and the chance to impact the direction of a growing, mission-driven company that is committed to the success of our nation’s children. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work each day.
The time commitment for this position is approximately 15-25 flexible hours per week. This position is available immediately and expected to end in October 2018.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.