Solairus Aviation is currently searching for a full-time Client Aviation Manager (CAM) to lead a Part 135 flight department in the Northern San Francisco Bay area. The ideal candidate will need to be a team player while seeking excellence in every aspect of their performance. Join a hardworking team who strive to safely and professionally meet the travel needs of our clients while adhering to Solairus’ unique culture of service, safety, and integrity.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinates.
- Determines aviation safety/enforcement needs and supervises aeronautic safety education programs.
- Works directly with air carriers to monitor and develop scheduled air service.
- Oversees or participates in coordinating introduction of aviation and/or space subjects in either elementary, secondary, college, or continuing education level programs.
- Administers the writing and publishing of aviation accident prevention and education materials.
- Performs related work as required. Directs activities in areas of hazard removal, displaced threshold, airport roadside marking, and emergency landing fields.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Confers with federal, state, or local government officials on development, interpretation, and revision of laws, rules, and regulations applicable to aviation.
- Reviews aircraft accident reports and directs the development of, and participates in, the presentation of aviation accident prevention programs.
- Provides advisory services to governing bodies and managers of airports in the preparation of contracts, lease negotiations, and establishment of field rules and regulations; assisting in operational programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED
- PIC Total time = 4000 hours
- Fixed wing = 4000 hours
- PIC Time in Type = 500 hours
- Time in Turbo Jet = 1000 hours
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS
- A management background with a demonstrated track record of exceptional leadership skill is required to be considered for this position.
- NBAA CAM certification or other applicable leadership training.
- Experience in multiple facets of training for flight operations personnel.
- Budget development and management experience.
- College degree and/or advanced (non-flight) training.
- Interpersonal communication skills to coordinate activities, identify problems, answer questions, pass information, and promote department goodwill.
- Track record of working in (and contributing to the development of) one or more environments striving to implement and continually extend industry “best practices” in all facets of flight operations.
- Typed on King Air 350
- First class medical required
- Must be able to work on an on-call basis.
- Must be able to complete ICAO International procedures training annually.
Solairus is a private aviation services company assisting aircraft owners with the safe, reliable, and efficient management and operation of their aircraft. Headquartered in the beautiful California Wine Country, Solairus Aviation is a destination employer offering nationwide operating bases, a stimulating work environment, and an array of modern benefits to employees. From profit sharing and a generous 401K matching structure to employee wellness programs and top-notch health benefits, Solairus firmly believes our team members are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing an exceptional employment experience.