Solairus Aviation is looking for a full-time Lead Flight Attendant to join a multi-jet operation based in the Oakland Bay Area. The ideal candidate is a leader and team player who is responsive with attention-to-detail, excellent organizational skills, and is an effective communicator willing to take on additional responsibilities to be a key contributor to the department’s success. The Lead Flight Attendant ensures all cabin operations are accomplished in accordance with industry best practices and has oversight responsibility for per diem flight attendants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calmly direct and assist passengers in the event of an emergency.
- Provide a high level of service to the client while ensuring the safety and comfort of each aircraft passenger during flight.
- Explain use of safety equipment in addition to serving food and beverages.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Administer basic first aid to passengers in distress. ie: CPR, AED, First Aid. Training on Tempus desired.
- Secure the cabin in accordance with federal regulations prior to take-off and landing.
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Perform preflight briefings.
- Greet passengers and assist with their personal belongings.
- Assist passengers while entering or disembarking the aircraft. Determine special assistance needs of small children, the elderly or disabled passengers.
- Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets/bedding, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are on board and are in adequate supply for the trip and amount of passengers.
- Facilitate and manage passenger’s requests for food and drinks.
- Shop for any/all items the passengers have specially requested to be on board for their flight following procurement guidelines put forth by Client Aviation Manager.
- Plan and prepare food for passengers and crew.
- Inspect, clean and stock the cabin, galley, lavatories, and flight deck after every leg.
- Ensure the aircraft is ALWAYS prepared for a flight: clean and stocked.
- Complete pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight paperwork.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure safety, passenger comfort, and maintain cabin cleanliness.
- Operate audio, video, and internet systems.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Client Aviation Manager (CAM).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- First Aid Training Certification, including CPR and Tempus.
- 5+ years of experience as a Corporate Flight Attendant; international experience strongly preferred.
- Flight attendant specific training from Flight Safety, FACTs or similar is preferred. Annual recurrent training is required. Preference shown to candidates who have completed Flight Safety, FACTs or similar training within the past 12 months.
- Adapts well to different Pilot-in-Command styles and experienced in Crew Resource Management.
- Must be technologically savvy.
- Flexibility and patience are a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Culinary skills.
- Able to manage a constantly changing schedule and late-night flights.
- Available to fly on short notice (4-hour response if on standby)
- Unrestricted ability to travel worldwide (consider health and visa status)
- Operation of all features of the Cabin Management Systems
- Operation of all galley equipment
- Operation of all cabin features, to include berthing seats and configuring the divan into a bed.
- Be within a 2-hour drive of KSJC during rush hour traffic, or be willing to relocate.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS THE LEAD FLIGHT ATTENDANT
- Monitors scheduling of the per diem flight attendants and ensures they are kept informed of Solairus and department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Assists the Client Aviation Manager in preparing annual catering, aircraft supplies, and training budget.
- Provides input to the department’s FOM Supplement regarding flight attendant policies and procedures.
- Maintains crew and passenger profiles with dietary preferences/restrictions, allergies, and other pertinent info that facilitates healthy, efficient service to the passengers.
- Approves invoices for catering, laundry, and commissary restocking in a timely manner with great accuracy.
- Communicates effectively in speaking and writing; able to compose professional memos and emails, including catering/bedding plans for all international trips.
- Oversees familiarization, training and development of per diem flight attendants directly and makes effective staffing recommendations.
- Able to work effectively with Flight Coordinators, Scheduler, Office Manager, Maintenance Team, and all pilots.
- Responsible for organizing and stocking the Commissary and the galleys/cabins of the jets.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Possession of two passports and visas is desired.
Solairus is a private aviation services company assisting aircraft owners with the safe, reliable, and efficient management and operation of their aircraft. Headquartered in the beautiful California Wine Country, Solairus Aviation is a destination employer offering nationwide operating bases, a stimulating work environment, and an array of modern benefits to employees. From profit sharing and a generous 401K matching structure to employee wellness programs and top-notch health benefits, Solairus firmly believes our team members are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing an exceptional employment experience.