Task Order Manager, USAID Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs, Bureau for Asia, and Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs Support Services
SI is seeking an experienced senior program manager for the anticipated USAID Office of Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs, Bureau for Asia, and Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (OAL) Support Services contract. The Asia, OAPA, and LPA bureaus intend to use core staff employees and workforce surge capacity in the areas of administrative/information management, budget, strategic planning, and communications. This support staff is needed for program design, implementation, oversight, monitoring and evaluation for these bureaus in the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) located in Washington, D.C., with possible work sites overseas.
This position is contingent upon contract award at this time.
- Overall administration of the Task Order to include financial management and oversight
- Establish performance management systems
- Provide quality assurance and remediation as required
- Maintain a robust recruitment and retention strategy for all staffing requirements
- Oversee recruitment and hiring of staff who will conduct contract activities, and provide leadership and direction in their implementation
- The Task Order Manager will be the primary POC for the USAID COR for all matters pertaining to the contract.
- The ideal applicant must be highly organized and motivated and should bring the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize, coordinate, and balance multiple priorities to serve multiple internal requirements in a collaborative team environment
- Able to handle high stress environments and work efficiently and rapidly under the pressure of constant deadlines
- Experience in managing both the professional/technical and the contractual/administrative aspects of USAID contracts
- Familiarity with USAID Office/Mission program activities to ensure success
- The Task Order Manager must be an upper-level official with at least five to eight years of management experience in one or more of the following fields: personnel/performance management; recruiting and retention; demonstrated management and supervision of staff; and/or experience in setting up management, administrative, and financial systems.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing for USG contracts preferred.
- Experience overseeing multiple staff members in a USG setting
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, coordinating, and reporting on activities to ensure they are efficiently and effectively implemented in a manner that achieves the objectives of USAID
- Significant experience and understanding of Bureau for Asia, Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs, and Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs
- Understanding of USAID strategy to include health, education, women’s empowerment, agricultural growth and private sector development, and supporting effective and transparent governance
- Sufficient sector knowledge to assess the qualifications of prospective candidates who will further USAID’s mission
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, editing, document review, and project management skills.
- Desirable, but not required, is experience managing both bilateral and regional activities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Educational or Other Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Human Resources, or related field such as Public Administration, Organizational Development, or Industrial Psychology required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience working in a government contracting environment highly desired
- United States, DC area with the potential for both domestic and international travel.
- Must have, or ability to obtain, a clearance if required. Background check clearance required prior to prospective employment.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment.
- Largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.