Social Impact (SI) is pursuing the USAID/YCLE Project anticipated to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Yemen programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. This contract is expected to result in strengthened Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Yemen and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. YCLE will contribute to the U.S. Government’s goal in Yemen of “laying a stronger foundation for a durable peace” and ensuring continued alignment and adaptive management among all Mission activities by providing services across five components:
- Performance and Operational Context Monitoring and Verification Services;
- Evaluation Services; Surveys, Analysis, Assessments, and Reporting Services;
- Collaboration, Learning and Adaptive Management Services; and Program Support Services.
SI is seeking a Senior Jordanian Evaluation Lead to support the USAID YCLE project to conduct evaluability assessments and background research and analytic expertise to assist USAID/Yemen to plan evaluation services as well as surveys, assessments and reporting services. This is a five-year project scheduled to begin June 2020 and will be based in Amman,
- Facilitate team planning meetings for research and evaluation designs for proposed studies;
- Design and implement data collection activities, per USAID instruction;
- Conduct national or regional level population surveys;
- Prepare action plans with stakeholders to implement evaluation recommendations;
- Based on evaluation results, draft, edit, and prepare evaluation synthesis for publications; related to evaluation, including newsletters and technical journals, and other technical printed or electronic publications;
- Conduct data analysis and produce reports on evaluation findings that are clear and accessible to multiple audiences, including audiences for regional evaluations as applicable;
- Organize and implement workshops, meetings, conferences, and seminars to present and disseminate evaluation findings to USAID, stakeholders and other public;
- Contribute knowledge to USAID staff and stakeholders about the effectiveness and impact of USAID investments through the dissemination of information and lessons from evaluations and assessments. Other tasks as assigned.
- At least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in providing evaluation, surveys, analysis, assessments and reporting Services, preferably related to USAID.
- Graduate degree in the field of evaluation, international development, or related technical field.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID’s objectives, approaches, and operations, particularly as they relate to evaluations, including the USAID ADS 200 series required.
- Significant demonstrated experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and data analysis techniques required.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, management, resourcefulness, and integrity.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and presentation skills. Fluency in English and Arabic required
- Willingness and ability to travel to Yemen as needed.
- Knowledge of the Yemen development challenges, with experience working in unstable, conflict-prone or post-conflict reconstruction environments.