Senior Monitoring Specialist, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity, Lilongwe, Malawi
The anticipated contract is to create a central platform to support USAID’s capacity for applying monitoring, evaluation, learning, and knowledge management practices to improve development outcomes, as well as strengthen local capacity of USAID/Malawi’s strategic partners to advance shared development objectives. The objectives of this activity include:
- Higher-impact Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Program Support
- Sustainable Local Capacity for development
SI is seeking a local Senior Monitoring Specialist for the USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity. The Specialist would be responsible for overseeing all monitoring and reporting activities on this project. This is a full-time position, based in Lilongwe.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Malawian citizens will be considered.**
- Oversee monitoring and reporting tasks throughout the life of the activity, including the design and management of data collection exercises, as well as the application of data quality verification techniques.
- Responsible for analyzing quantitative data and producing data visualization in an easily digestible format.
- Ensure that short- and long-term monitoring team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Provide leadership and guidance on USAID’s monitoring efforts.
- Work with L2P Specialists and other stakeholders (i.e., partners, Mission staff) to strengthen monitoring functions, such as the creation of performance indicators, development of activity and project M&E plans, setting of targets, responsible collection of program data, assessment of data quality, and analyses of data.
- Provide trainings to various stakeholders on monitoring systems, techniques and other relevant topicsother monitoring topics
- Provide support, leadership and technical expertise to overall management of the project to ensure that the project meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Progressively more responsible experience in the design and management of indicators, M&E plans, performance targets, data quality assessments, data collection, and analysis.
- Relevant experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods in Malawi.
- Experience developing and/or updating monitoring and evaluation plans and creating and managing performance indicator tracking systems/databases.
- Experience using performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing projects.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts in a similar capacity preferred.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate monitoring activities and write reports clearly and concisely.
- Fluency in English is required.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.