Private Health Sector Specialist, USAID/Burma Health Project Appraisal Document (PAD) Development Support Services, Burma
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is responding to a Task Order under the USAID Asia Learning and Monitoring and Evaluation contract to support the Office of Public Health (OPH) and USAID/Burma to assess the health sector in Burma.
The period of performance for this activity is approximately three months, from October 15th, 2019 to December 15th, 2019. Work will take place in Burma.
Social Impact is seeking a local Private Health Sector Specialist to provide technical and sectoral expertise. Under direction from the Team Leader, the Specialist will contribute to the document review and stakeholder consultations to help establish and contextualize the scope of USAID health activities in Burma.
*Please note: only Burmese citizens will be considered for this role!*
- Contribute as requested to the document review, analysis of secondary information, and stakeholder consultations.
- Provide sectoral and technical expertise to the activity team to ensure that analysis and recommendations are in alignment with the realities and challenges of public health programming in Burma.
- Provide valuable sectoral and regional context to the SI team.
- An advanced degree in Public Health, International Development, or other social sciences and related disciplines is required.
- At least five years of experience in the Burmese private/for-profit health sector in an advisory or supporting capacity.
- A demonstrated understanding of the private health care sector and programming in Burma is required, specifically an understanding of HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria, and/or maternal and child health programming.
- Familiarity with USAID programs strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills and task management.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls