Chief of Party, USAID Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Project, Nepal
The anticipated five-year contract is to assist USAID/Nepal in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from rigorous M&E activities in order to support the achievement of their three Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objectives (DO): (1) More inclusive and effective governance; (2) Inclusive and sustainable economic growth to reduce extreme poverty; and (3) Increased human capital. These outputs from the contract will enable USAID/Nepal to facilitate informed program management, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and comply with Agency accountability and M&E requirements. The project is anticipated to have three components:
- Support rigor and coherence in M&E efforts (PMP, M&E plans, capacity building of Mission and IPs).
- Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments (PEs, IEs, surveys, etc.).
- Support improved knowledge management.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the USAID Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity. The position is full-time, will be based in Kathmandu, and is anticipated to begin summer 2020.
- Serve as Contractor Representative in all aspects of the Nepal MELP project and act as the primary liaison with COR and Contracting Officer.
- Manage and oversee the project’s operations, human resources, administration, and financial accountability throughout the implementation.
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Contribute substantively to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations.
- Lead, design, and manage performance evaluations, experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluations under this contract.
- Provide evaluation technical advice and leadership on design, methodology, and tools for each activity.
- Provide oversight and supervision of the Nepal office, long- and short-term personnel, and program staff, as well as all program activities.
- Master’s degree required; preferred in relevant subject areas such as Economics, Public Policy, or International Development.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, international development, and project design.
- Minimum of eight years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the oversight and providing technical assistance in areas such as performance monitoring, impact evaluations, statistical and econometric analysis, survey design, data quality assurance, data management and collection, and/or performance management.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management and presentation skills.
- Possess experience managing similar multifaceted projects in the past, with the capacity to manage large complex projects/activities, including subcontracts and satellite offices, in a multicultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Must have a strong background in project management and organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to ensure adequate liaison with USAID/Nepal and provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy and ADS regulations.
- Experience working in Nepal and/or Southeast Asian region is desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.