Business Development (BD) Recruitment Associate, Social Impact, Arlington, VA
Position Description: The BD Recruitment Associate will split 50% time between leading full-cycle recruitment for BD proposals and project recruitment support, including two long-term projects.
- Manage and balance time according to demand.
- Record positions/assignments and hours spent, updating daily.
- Maintain communication with Deputy Director of BD on any issues or challenges that arise.
Business Development Recruitment
- Serve as the lead recruiter on proposals valued less than $750,000 and those for which SI is a sub.
- Recruit for select positions supporting another recruiter on larger proposals.
- Work closely with the SI proposal team members to ensure communication on staffing and recruitment throughout the proposal.
- Demonstrate full-cycle candidate care and communication with contacted and proposed candidates throughout the proposal recruitment process to build SI's network and long-term relationships. Notify interviewed candidates should they not be selected as finalists and maintain regular communication with proposed candidates after submission of a proposal.
- Develop draft and final organizational charts based on the proposal's scope of work, to direct discussions with the SI proposal team to guide recruitment efforts and determine how the proposed team should be structured accordingly.
- Develop and post position descriptions on appropriate recruiting sources.
- Creatively source qualified expatriate and local personnel for high priority key and non-key personnel proposal positions.
- Assist the SI Technical Lead of the proposal in determining finalist candidates for their approval according to proposal positions/requirements, including providing them with summaries and recommendations of short-listed candidates, coordinating and conducting tailored interviews with the Tech Lead, and assessing the overall proposed team skill sets to guide the decision-making.
- For each finalist proposal candidate: conduct reference checks; collect and verify biodata rates for the Pricer's approval; conduct and document full salary, citizenship, and education verifications; and lead salary or daily rate negotiations.
- Collect Letters of Commitment, writing samples, Conflict of Interest forms, other candidate documents required by the solicitation.
- Format and tailor CVs and develop well-crafted bioblurbs for each proposed candidate according to the position and solicitation qualifications. Draft personnel, staffing, and recruitment-related sections of the proposal.
- Work with the Proposal Manager to provide quality assurance on personnel-related documentation.
- Work with Technical Lead (or delegated team member) to create a Short-Term Technical Assistance roster if necessary.
- Working closely with the project teams, lead full-cycle recruitment for activities.
- As capacity allows, recruit full-cycle for on-demand positions on other projects.
- Meet initially with project teams to understand the respective contracts and budget requirements, recruitment process, and recruitment demands.
- Communicate with project teams throughout recruit on challenges/issues/status updates.
- Recruitment tasks include: develop and post well-crafted job advertisements, creatively source and anticipate sourcing challenges early, demonstrate candidate care with all candidates, short-list quality candidates for positions in a timely manner, schedule and participate in interviews with the programs teams, conduct reference checks on selected finalists, verify salary and educational history (biodata forms), draft and extend offers, format CVs, negotiate and extend offers, and update Taleo with finalist recruitment paperwork and the requisition. Steps above should be tailored to what is required for submission on each contract.
- A Bachelor's degree with three plus years of experience or the equivalent of education experience.
- Experience working with USAID and other development agencies preferred.
- Very strong professionalism and oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of independent action.
- Must be fully comfortable utilizing online applicant systems and candidate database as a recruitment tool.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French) desirable.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.