Learning Advisor, USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity, Bangladesh
The primary objective of BMEL is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning and adaptive management services across the USAID/Bangladesh Mission. This will strengthen the implementation of USAID/Bangladesh’s development strategy and accelerate the Mission’s goal towards becoming a learning and adaptive organization, maintaining its responsiveness to effective development. The three key components include the following:
- Monitoring of Technical Services
- Evaluation of Technical Services
- Learning and Adaptive Management Services
SI is seeking a Learning Advisor to provide technical leadership in the areas of organizational learning and knowledge management for the USAID Mission in Bangladesh. This position will be based in Dhaka on a full-time basis through year two of the contract, with the potential for an extension for three option years.
- Guide USAID/Bangladesh’s staff and senior management team on how to realize progressive, CLA-oriented program supervision practices through USAID’s CDCS implementation, primarily by bolstering USAID’s evaluation, development and organizational learning practices.
- Oversee all aspects of the Mission’s CLA activities, such as planning and budgeting for each assigned activity.
- Identify appropriate staffing levels, secure appropriate qualified staff, and provide relevant technical guidance for CLA task requests.
- Lead consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Master's degree or higher is preferred in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or administration, business administration, management, development administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in program/project development, M&E, and implementation in a developing country context required.
- Must have experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking.
- Must have experience with a wide range of development issues, such as program evaluation, gender constraints to development, agriculture, economic growth, environment, democracy and governance, health, nutrition, and education.
- Must have experience leading or overseeing the work of large teams of individuals with diverse skills and interests.
- Demonstrated success in mentoring and/or coaching staff in project development, project implementation, and M&E.
- Demonstrated passion for facilitating and creating organizational learning, change and advancing foreign aid effectiveness opportunities.
- Must demonstrate conversation and presentation skills that can influence decision makers, foster organizational change strategies, with implementation occurring within a complex organizational setting.
- Demonstrated ability and track record in strategic, systems and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management.
- Ability to serve as an effective USAID representative with a wide array of individuals and institutions is essential.
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to prepare clear, substantive reports and briefing papers in English, in a timely manner.
- Must have familiarity with a wide range of issues, such as program evaluation, gender-constraints to development, agriculture, community development, economics and democracy and governance.
- Must have the capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.