Capacity Building Lead, USAID/Vietnam Support Services Contract, Vietnam
The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and IP’s capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) coordination, collaboration and learning (CLA). The RFP is expected to be released January 2019, and the project will likely be awarded mid 2019.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply.**
SI is seeking a full-time Capacity Building Lead who will be responsible for leading all M&E Capacity Building activities, including building Mission and implementing partner (IP)’s capacity in M&E, learning, and knowledge management across USAID’s programming. The Capacity Building Lead position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project.
- Lead the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in M&E.
- Establish and implement a capacity building platform to build the capacity of USAID/Vietnam staff and select stakeholders to perform high-quality performance monitoring and verification.
- Provide training to build the capacity of local implementing partners and government officials to improve the effectiveness of performance management, projects and M&E plans using best practices.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge throughout the program cycle.
- Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among partners.
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals and reports arising out of its activities as required by USAID.
- Master’s degree or higher is preferred in organizational development, statistics, social sciences, human resources, business management, international development, or other related disciplines required.
- At least eight years of experience in leading the development and implementation of activities related to capacity building across M&E.
- Proven knowledge and competence in USAID M&E, capacity building and CLA policies and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capacity-building performance metrics and indicators.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity-building design, methodologies and approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with other USG or donor-funded projects.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience building capacity of USAID Mission staff in M&E highly encouraged.
- Familiarity with USAID capacity assessment tools desirable.
- Familiarity with developing and/or using pre- and post-tests desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; and fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese desired.
- Experience working in Vietnam is highly desired.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.