Senior Capacity Building Specialist, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), USAID/BiH Monitoring and Evaluation Support Activity (MEASURE-BiH)
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing a proposal for an upcoming long-term monitoring, evaluation, and learning support project funded by USAID/BiH, to assist the Mission to effectively monitor and evaluate activities. The MEASURE BiH activity will have two primary objectives. The first is to provide USAID/BiH with technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation and related support services to assist USAID/BiH in effectively monitoring, evaluating, and relaying information about interventions. The second objective is to build social science research and program evaluation capacity in BiH.
SI is seeking a Senior Capacity Building Specialist for the USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support Activity in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). This role will be responsible for developing social science research and program evaluation capacity in BiH.
This position will be located in Sarejevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). Expected period of performance is five years.
**Please note: Bosnian citizens are highly encouraged to apply.**
- Lead the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in M&E.
- Establish and implement a capacity building platform to build the capacity of USAID/BiH staff and select stakeholders to perform high-quality performance monitoring and verification.
- Provide training to build the capacity of local implementing partners and government officials to improve the effectiveness of performance management, projects and M&E plans using best practices.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge throughout the program cycle.
- Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among partners.
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals and reports arising out of its activities as required by USAID
- Master’s degree or higher is preferred in organizational development, statistics, social sciences, human resources, business management, international development, or other related disciplines required.
- At least eight years of experience in leading the development and implementation of activities related to capacity building across M&E.
- Proven knowledge and competence in USAID M&E, capacity building and CLA policies and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capacity-building performance metrics and indicators.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity-building design, methodologies and approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with other USG or donor-funded projects.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English required; Knowledge of Bosnian or other Balkan language preferred.
- Prior experience building capacity of USAID Mission staff in M&E highly encouraged.\
- Familiarity with USAID capacity assessment tools desirable.
- Familiarity with developing and/or using pre- and post-tests desirable.
- Previous experience working in BiH or other Balkan countries is highly encouraged.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.