Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Lead, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), USAID/BiH Monitoring and Evaluation Support Activity (MEASURE-BiH)
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing a proposal for an upcoming long-term monitoring, evaluation, and learning support project funded by USAID/BiH, to assist the Mission to effectively monitor and evaluate activities. The MEASURE BiH activity will have two primary objectives. The first is to provide USAID/BiH with technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation and related support services to assist USAID/BiH in effectively monitoring, evaluating, and relaying information about interventions. The second objective is to build social science research and program evaluation capacity in BiH.
SI is seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Lead for an upcoming USAID Monitoring and Evaluation Support Activity in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). This role will assist the Chief of Party (COP) oversee all technical, analytic, training, monitoring, evaluation and related support services to the USAID/BiH mission.
This position will be located in Sarejevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Expected period of performance is five years, and is anticipated to begin September 2019.
**Please note: Bosnian citizens are highly encouraged to apply.**
- In coordination with COP, lead and manage all monitoring and evaluation technical work conducted throughout the life of the activity.
- Develop and maintain the project/activity and annual ME&L plans, data collection, annual and semi-annual reports; analyze monitor and evaluate progress toward planned milestones, achievements and expected results, and report regularly on such progress to diverse target audiences including USAID, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical and management expertise in survey design and implementation, including data collection and designing community-based surveys, throughout the duration of the evaluation.
- Provide technical assistance in the monitoring activities to ensure compliance with US Government regulations and document program impact, performance and achievement of results.
- Conduct internal data quality assessment to ensure the quality of reported data and maintain well-organized archives for project consortium and partners.
- Ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields.
- Proven applied knowledge and use of USAID M&E and CLA policies and practices.
- Prior experience serving in a similar position on a USAID-funded project required.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing and directly supporting performance monitoring, impact evaluations, statistical and econometric analysis, survey design, data quality assurance, data management and collection, and/or performance management activities on a USAID or other donor-funded project.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and in providing consulting services to help clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Must have a strong background in project management and organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to ensure adequate liaison with USAID/BiH and provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support.
- Ability to supervise a team in order to complete tasks on time and on budget.
- Experience working in Bosnia and Herzegovina and/or Balkans region is desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.