Chief of Party, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), USAID/BiH Monitoring and Evaluation Support Activity (MEASURE-BiH)
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing a proposal for an upcoming long-term monitoring, evaluation, and learning support project funded by USAID/BiH, to assist the Mission to effectively monitor and evaluate activities. The MEASURE BiH activity will have two primary objectives. The first is to provide USAID/BiH with technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation and related support services to assist USAID/BiH in effectively monitoring, evaluating, and relaying information about interventions. The second objective is to build social science research and program evaluation capacity in BiH.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for MEASURE Activity. The COP will be responsible for overall project management, external representation, and ensuring overall quality control. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation, supervising large international teams, and knowledge of USAID policy and procedures.
This position will be located in Sarejevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH). Expected period of performance is five years, and is anticipated to begin September 2019.
**Please Note: Bosnian citizens are highly encouraged to apply.**
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Bosnian-based expatriate and national staff.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/BiH, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting evaluation, CLA, and project performance support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Work with SI HQ staff to identify and nominate technical specialists and consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Advise and educate other partners, USAID teams, and other Contractors on policies and services offered by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Master’s Degree required; preferred in relevant subject areas such as Economics, Public Policy, or International Development.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, international development, and project design.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party on a similarly-sized USAID-funded contract.
- Minimum of eight years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in performance monitoring, impact evaluations, statistical and econometric analysis, survey design, data quality assurance, data management and collection, and/or performance management.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management and presentation skills.
- Possess experience managing similar multifaceted projects in the past, with the capacity to manage large complex projects/activities, including subcontracts and satellite offices, in a multicultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Must have a strong background in project management and organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to ensure adequate liaison with USAID/BiH and provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support.
- Experience working in Bosnia and Herzegovina and/or Balkans region is desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.