Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness.
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact (SI) has been contracted by the Millennium Challenge Corporation to conduct an impact evaluation (IE) of the Millennium Challenge Account’s water and sanitation infrastructure investments in Zarqa. In support of this research, SI is seeking 1 field coordinator to coordinate data collection for a survey of approximately 300 water shops and 150 water tankers total in Zarqa and East Amman.
Supervisor and enumerator training is expected to be conducted in late September – early October. Piloting and data collection is expected to take place in early October – early November.
Description of Role
Social Impact (SI) is seeking support from a field coordinator to work with our in-country field manager, two supervisors, and eight enumerators to complete this assignment. Specifically, the field coordinator will be responsible for:
· Working with SI’s field manager to prepare and conduct supervisor and enumerator training, including organizing logistical requirements (preparing venue and information technology)
· Providing oversight and coordinating logistics during pretesting of the instruments and piloting of the survey
· Create fieldwork plan and map to maximize efficiency and thoroughness of data collection
· Monitor enumerator progress to identify challenges or areas of concern in data collection; work with SI field manager to address these challenges.
· Conduct telephone backchecks/callbacks to confirm survey responses and enumerator performance. Assist SI field manager in reporting on data quality throughout duration of survey.
As the assignment requires travel to water shops in Zarqa and East Amman, strong preference will be given to candidates that have their own transportation and/or have a good working knowledge of the area. SI will reimburse travel expenses for use of personal transportation.
Working Period and Rate
SI anticipates that the approximate level of effort will be between 25-35 work days. Payment will be commensurate with experience. Work is expected to take place during late September to early November 2018.
Background and Skills
The field coordinator should possess the following skills:
· Excellent organizational skills. The coordinator must be able to manage multiple aspects of the fieldwork, including the enumerators’ movement, transportation, and tablets. The coordinator should be able to identify and act on priorities to minimize delays in fieldwork.
· Strong technology skills. Coordinator will help resolve issues relating to tablets and collection of GPS coordinates.
· Experience using GPS-based maps, including map creation, preferred
· Attention to detail. Coordinator will assist enumerators during selection of respondents and correct recording of responses, and will be responsible for thorough adherence to data collection protocol. of responses, and relay instructions to enumerators.
· Personal transport (car or motorcycle) available for duration of work is preferred. Travel costs will be reimbursed.
· Available to work full-time 6 days of the week during survey.
· Knowledge of Zarqa and/or East Amman a plus.
Enumerators should have the following background:
· University degree, with Masters Degree preferred
· Fluent Arabic required
· Proficient English language skills required
· Five years of experience in data collection, with at least one year of experience supervising data collection activities. Experience using tablets is preferred
· Prior experience as enumerator preferred
· Interest in water systems, sanitation, or development preferred
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and a statement of interest to Maha Saabneh at firstname.lastname@example.org, titling the email “Field Coordinator” followed by your last name. The statement of interest should answer four questions:
1. Do you have access to personal transportation (car or motorcycle)? Please explain briefly.
2. Please describe your knowledge of Zarqa and/or East Amman. Are you comfortable navigating around either city and finding your way to a new location within them? Please respond in 150 words or less.
3. Please describe your experience and interest in working on research projects in 150 words or less, focusing on experience coordinating or supervising enumerators.
4. Please describe an experience in which you used or created a system to direct workers to specific locations, in 150 words.
Please apply as soon as possible; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
|Back to Search Results