Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
This activity is a part of the Asia Learning and M&E Support Project, a $50 million sole-source IDIQ held by Social Impact and issued by the USAID Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA). The IDIQ provides M&E and other related technical and/or advisory services to USAID Missions, implementing partners (IPs), and key stakeholders throughout the Asia Region.
USAID/RDMA, with the support of Social Impact, will convene thought leaders and implementers who work at the intersection of technology and environmental issues. With practical applications around topics like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and internet of things (IoT), the event will enable participants to better integrate these technologies with their interventions. The convening is set to take place in Bangkok, Thailand from 24 - 26 October 2018. This consultancy has an expected period of performance from July to October 2018. All work with be conducted in Bangkok, Thailand. Preference will be given to candidates already based in Bangkok.
The Learning Event Facilitator is required to provide support to the workshop, including but not limited to logistic and administrative support to the project management team. Responsibilities include:
· Finalize the agenda and prepare the workshop activities, interactive exercises and materials i.e. agenda script, participant agenda and session brief along with the organizing team
· Start with a brainstorming meeting with USAID/RDMA and the planner to define the parameters of the event and resources available
· Serve as the Master of Ceremony for some sessions, to be determined with the Event Leader starting from the Opening Session to the Closing Session for the event
· Ensure that successful knowledge management and learning are incorporated into the event design
· Ensure participants will obtain information on and discuss current best practices and innovations in methodological approaches as well as strengthen the network of Community of Practice development partners for continued knowledge sharing regarding the event’s topics
· Other tasks as needed to ensure a successful training event
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject area with at least 5 years of experience working in project administration is required, preferably in the international development or technology sector
- Experience with participatory learning and facilitation techniques, knowledge management and learning, and processes is preferred
- Experience with artificial intelligence and/or technology in international development is preferred
- Professional experience with donors (e.g. USAID, UN, etc.) is preferred
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
- Demonstrated experience in coordination with multiple stakeholders for events management, and project administrative support is required
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- Based in Bangkok or in SE Asia preferred.