Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations, Next Street revolutionizes how organizations provide capital, customers and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs. We create strategies and tools for public, private and social institutions to drive equitable small business growth in the communities across the US. Next Street directly serves hundreds of individual businesses every day through tailored small business development services and programs.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in New York, Chicago, and Boston.
NYC Business Solutions Centers
Next Street has operated NYC Business Solutions Centers, in partnership with the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS), since 2012. Each Center serves as a one-stop resource center for entrepreneurs and small business owners at various stages, from newly launched to established businesses. The Centers offer an array of free services such as business management courses, financing assistance, legal counseling, staff recruitment and training, and M/WBE certification. Each year the Centers serve over 3.500 businesses on average.
Next Street is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual to serve as an Account Manager at NYC Business Solutions, Lower Manhattan Center which is operated by Next Street. The Account Manager will be responsible for performing their day-to day duties while pacing towards the Center’s goals and will report to Next Street’s Director of the NYC Business Solutions, Lower Manhattan Center.
- Deliver the NYC Business Solutions set of services to businesses to ensure the Lower Manhattan BSC is regularly exceeding goals set by NYC Department of Small Business Services and Next Street leadership
- Engage with a wide range of small businesses to understand their needs and make recommendations for the types of resources and services the City can provide these businesses to help them be successful
- Use a relationship driven approach to maintaining long-term relationships with high potential, scaling business clients
- Serve as a connector for clients to services and other resources
- Provide support to our Recruitment and Training service lines to meet annual targets
- Recruitment: Work with internal/external partners to support hiring needs for qualified NYC based businesses
- Customized Training: Support Senior Recruitment Account Manager in connecting relevant NYC based business owners to city sponsored training grant programs
- Collaborate with teammates to deliver the NYC Business Solutions full set of services to businesses and ensure the team is regularly exceeding annual goals
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices and Center standards
- Manage Center’s marketing efforts and drive business development to attract, cultivate and retain clients as well as other key stakeholders
- Support and implement the team’s business development plans; monitor and analyze those activities
- Engage community-based organizations, community boards, BIDs, and other relevant stakeholders interested in engaging businesses and improving the access that they have to support services
Center Management & Operations
- Perform prompt data entry after service delivery
- Provide feedback to team members, the Center Director, Next Street management and SBS to improve the system’s ability to achieve outcomes and provide high-quality services
- Collaborate across Next Street teams to ensure our client’s strategic, financial, and organizational needs are met and learnings are shared
- Attend morning, evening, and weekend events, as necessary, in the interest of strengthening partnerships and business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience in consumer/retail or commercial banking
- Experience with small businesses a plus
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Experience using customer relationship management tools or other database systems in order to track and manage services and outcomes
- Ability to manage towards goals to ensure the successful achievement by specific deadlines
- A strong analytical and critical thinking skill set
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team and individual setting
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with commitment to high standards of excellence
- Solid work ethic and high level of professional integrity
- Ability to think innovatively and generate new ideas that can translate directly into results
- A strong belief in the potential of small businesses and the value of understanding their needs and helping them to succeed
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
- Spanish or Mandarin speaking is a plus
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.