Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations, Next Street revolutionizes how organizations provide capital, customers and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs. We create strategies and tools for public, private and social institutions to drive equitable small business growth in the communities across the US. Next Street directly serves hundreds of individual businesses every day through tailored small business development services and programs.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in New York City, Chicago, and Boston.
Next Street is looking for a high-performing Program Manager who is excited about the opportunity to help manage, strengthen and grow our portfolio of small business development programs. Our programs primarily offer technical assistance, supplier development, capacity building training, and short-term advisory services to entrepreneurs and small business owners across the country. The ideal Program Manager is passionate about and has proven success in establishing infrastructure and continuous improvement processes. The Manager will help manage the critical program, performance and contract management functions of the Programs team, reporting to the Director of Programs.
- Work with Director of Programs and delivery team to manage programs on planning, execution, and assessment
- Develop portfolio wide and program specific outreach strategies and campaigns that help exceed program goals
- Cultivate relationships that will help raise awareness of visibility of our programs
- Provide program management support to the leadership of Next Street’s brick and mortar business resource centers including but not limited to program budgeting, invoicing, data entry, performance management, and impact measurement
- Coach and mentor staff that work at our small business development centers who are under-performing or need additional onboarding support, in partnership with the Center Directors'
- Oversee program scheduling as well as recruit, vet, prep, and deliver feedback to program facilitators
- Ensure that all programs have measurable outcomes based on effective metrics, such as program participation, satisfaction, and impact trends
- Develop and maintain a defined and consistent data collection approach
- Compile quarterly, mid-year, and annual reports, performing data analysis, and metric calculations for internal and external use
- Collect and disseminate program management best practices and make recommendations on ways to improve program performance on a formal and informal basis
- Conduct quality assurance visits to program sites throughout the program period and provide feedback to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the implementation of improvement initiatives that will help improve the program results and impact
- Communicate client/network needs to help Firm Leadership identify and purse business development opportunities and actively contribute content to proposals and pricing
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, social science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of project management, reporting, and/or relationship management experience
- Proven track record of meeting project deadlines with successful outcomes. Ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast paced business environment.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Proven ability to network, communicate and build relationships with a wide array of stakeholders
- Experience working within or with the small business community
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and a high degree of initiative
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, managers and various stakeholders
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and collaborate with many individuals and stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and MS Office; experience working with a CRM system
- Willingness to occasionally travel outside on New York City
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.