Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations, Next Street revolutionizes how organizations provide capital, customers and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs. We create strategies and tools for public, private and social institutions to drive equitable small business growth in the communities across the US. Next Street directly serves hundreds of individual businesses every day through tailored small business development services and programs.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in New York City, Chicago, and Boston.
Next Street Client Solutions is looking for a high-performing Associate who will work closely with Firm leadership to lead and support engagements serving all of our client audiences. While we're not actively hiring for this position at this time, we're always looking for great talent and review applications on a rolling basis.
- Developing and managing long-term advisory relationships with client executives
- Developing actionable recommendations, and supporting and driving implementation
- Overseeing and performing complex qualitative and quantitative business, financial, and organizational analysis, industry/market research, and interviewing
- Creating client deliverables in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Developing and managing project plans and resources, including talent
- Managing multiple aspects of client engagements in accordance with project timelines
- Supporting business development efforts to attract new clients and augment existing relationships
- Contributing to Firm knowledge development, codification, and dissemination through Next Street’s communities of practice
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance
- 3+ years work experience with a top-tier professional services firm
- Experience in managing independent workstreams
- Capacity to manage junior staff
- Desire to build a business and an appetite to take entrepreneurial initiative
- Demonstrated capacity for collaboration and teamwork at all levels of tenure
- Commitment to develop one's personal leadership, in addition to cultivating one's abilities to lead others, the work, and the organization
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to learn through work across industries, client segments, and communities of practice
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.