Works in accordance with established policies and procedures and specific instructions from the Housekeeping Director. The Housekeeper is responsible for the cleanliness and neatness of the H/C Pavilion residential rooms and common areas assigned by the Housekeeping Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general housekeeping duties in the Health Care Pavilion rooms including, but not limited to, cleaning bathrooms, bedrooms, and dusting of all surfaces, moving furniture as needed , to clean under/behind.
- Performs general housekeeping duties of common areas such as tub-rooms, hallways, entrances, corridors, and lounges, moving furniture as needed , to clean under/behind.
- Performs housekeeping procedures involving substantial risk of direct exposure to body fluids and must us proper precaution when cleaning rooms, blood spills, or common areas.
- Maintains all equipment and supplies in proper condition. Is also responsible for keeping work carts organized, locked, and stocked at all times.
- Responsible for the clean up and decontamination of blood spills or other potentially infectious waste spills in the Health Center and common areas.
- Participates in all drills and in-service meetings when assigned.
- Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by the Housekeeping Director.
- Performs other duties as directed by management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred, but not required.
- Able to follow instructions carefully and in a timely manner.
- Able to develop a friendly and cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Detailed-oriented, tactful, and courteous at all times.
- Able to perform duties in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Able to display a positive outlook and a clean, neat uniformed appearance.
- Able to maintain a positive image in all communication with residents.
- Able to follow approved infection control procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Able to practice universal precautions to protect oneself from exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort 90% of the time.
- Required to walk long distances, and stand on feet for extended periods of time.
- Required to bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Required to push and pull carts, vacuum cleaners, and other equipment and furniture.
- Required to lift objects over 30lbs.
- Will be exposed to hazardous waste chemicals and must be careful to prevent injuries to self.
- Will be exposed to hazardous waste and must use general precaution to prevent injuries to self.
- Will be required to work scheduled weekends and holidays.
- Ensures that all care is provided in privacy.
- Alerts residents before entering residents’ room.
- Reports all grievances and complaints made by residents to supervisor.
- Reports all allegations of resident abuse and/or misappropriation of resident property.
Safety and Sanitation
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed on shift.
- Identifies emergency situations and responds appropriately.
- Follows established policies concerning exposure to blood/body fluids.
- Observes safety needs of residents as indicated in care plan.
- Participates in restraint reduction program.
- Washes hands before and after performing any service for residents.
- Follows established safety policies and procedures.
- Keeps floors dry and reports spills immediately.
- Keeps excess supplies and equipment off floor and stores in designated areas.
- Reports all hazardous conditions and equipment to supervisor immediately.
- Reports all safety violations.
- Follows no smoking regulations and reports all violations.
- Reports and suspected conditions that may be communicable or infectious to the immediate supervisor.
- Follows established infection control precautions and procedures.
- Wears and/or uses safety equipment and supplies when indicated.
- Uses only equipment trained to use.
- Demonstrates job-specific knowledge of fire and disaster preparedness during drills or actual situations.
- Operates all equipment in a safe manner.
- Attends and participates in scheduled training, educational classes and meetings to maintain current certification as applicable
- Attends and participates in in-service training programs as mandated by agencies and company policy
- Participates in the facility Quality Improvement program
- Attends monthly department and All staff meetings
Montgomery Place is subject to the provisions of the HIPAA laws. All employees are therefore bound to the standards of protection of patients’ health information. Under these requirements, and within the scope of functions described above:
Employee is required to maintain the confidentiality of all protected health information whether electronic, written or oral to which he/she may be exposed either during the course of his/her duties or as the result of an incidental disclosure.
- Employee will receive training regarding all aspects of his/her job duties that are affected by the HIPAA privacy rule.
- Employee shall only use and disclosure patient information as necessary to carry out his/her job responsibilities.
- The duty of privacy protection continues during non-working hours and after employee is no longer associated with Montgomery Place.