The Wait Staff team member is responsible for table service in the dining room and for busing and
resetting the tables and station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set tables and maintain work station in proper order with adequate supplies
- Take orders, provide service and requested items both graciously and courteously
- Answer pertinent questions about menu items
- Assist in maintaining a high level of customer service for our residents and their guests
- Complete the proper setting up and breaking down of tables
- Remove and replace soiled linen as required
- Bring soiled dishes to dishwasher
- Complete all side job and sanitation duties as assigned by station
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the business with the highest practical standards
- Participate in and maintain current status on all training and education required by the company
- Communicate effectively with all members of the staff, residents and business partners
- Provide feedback to others for continuous quality improvement of the entire organization
- Openly accept feedback from others for the continuous quality improvement of the entire organization
- Escalate issues when there is appearance that business standards of quality are not present
- Comply with all rules and regulations of the organization, including HIPAA and safety
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required. Ability to communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements (Certified as a Food Handler)
- Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understands requests.
- Ability to work some weekends and holidays.
Experience waiting tables in a hotel, restaurant or club with fine dining preferred
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Detail orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral
- vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, kneel, bend, use hands to feel, and reach with hand and arms
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (i.e. carrying trays of food or water glasses, etc.)
- Exposure to odors, noise, heat, steam, in/out walk‐in freezer, cleaning chemicals and detergent
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Entire building, including resident rooms and common areas
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.