KeyLogic Systems, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an Energy Markets and Economics Analyst. KeyLogic is the prime sub-contractor supporting the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) under the Mission Execution and Strategic Analysis (MESA) site-support contract. This research position is intended to support the Energy Markets Analysis Team (EMAT) under the Systems Engineering Analysis Directorate (SEAD) of NETL. The EMAT team applies a variety of tools including econometric analysis, partial equilibrium models, computable general quilibrium models, input-output models, and other analytical approaches to a broad range of local, state, and national energy problems. As part of the support to EMAT, the employee will be primarily responsible for conducting a variety of market and economic analyses in the energy sector with the following primary job functions:
- Conduct National/Regional energy economy modeling
- Analyze National/Regional electricity and energy system development and energy investment planning
- Conduct Regional/National scenario analyses of impacts of environmental and energy policy and regulation, impacts of tax subsidies and penalties, on the energy-economy
- Evaluate and quantify costs, benefits, and economic impacts of NETL Research programs
- Conduct research regarding labor economics, econometric research to explain economic trends in the energy industry, or the environmental impact of the economy or energy industry
- Serve as a liaison between the energy Analysts and the Economists
- Prepare reports, papers, and presentations to communicate analysis results to clients
- Master's or PhD degree in energy economics or related discipline with at least 5 years of experience in economic modeling and analysis particularly with knowledge and experience in energy, environmental, resource, or labor economics. (Candidates with a PhD require only 1+ years of experience)
- Familiarity with energy balances; upstream and downstream energy markets; demand-side economics in the energy sector; fiscal policy
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Input-Output Analysis; Econometric Analysis; Statistical techniques and data analytics (STATA, SPSS); National Energy Modeling System; Market Allocation (MARKAL); GCAM, WEPS/WEPS-Plus; formulating and solving mixed integer linear programs (MILP); application of advanced linear/non-linear optimization techniques; optimization environments such as GAMS
- Demonstrated ability to lead or contribute to high-level analytical work; uses facts and data to support sound decisions regarding own and others' work
- Strong publication record and solid presentation skills
- Ability to deliver in a dynamic environment with multiple demands and quick turnaround
- track record in the area of energy system analytics. The candidate should be able to influence discussions related to energy policies and energy markets
- Experience in methods of Operations Research; modeling tools for advanced optimization (BARON, CPLEX, or IPOPT); proficiency in programming languages such as Fortran 90, Python or C++
KeyLogic is a highly successful provider of professional and engineering services. We specialize in solutions that enable our customers to make better decisions for their organization. KeyLogic’s performance has earned the company a solid reputation for high standards, proactive solutions, and an outstanding commitment to the customer, best exemplified by the fact we have never had a one-time federal customer — all of our customers have provided repeat business. This has led us to achieve significant growth every year since our founding in 1999.
At KeyLogic, we're known for our extraordinary commitment to the success of the organizations we serve. Our client list includes the Department of Defense (DoD), where we provide services for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and the U.S. Army and Navy, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Departments of Labor (DOL), Energy (DOE), Transportation (DOT) and Treasury (including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)), General Services Administration (GSA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
KeyLogic has successfully attained a Capability Maturity Model Integration for Development (CMMI-DEV) Maturity Level 3 Rating. CMMI-DEV is a process improvement approach for software engineering and organizational development that provides organizations with the essential best practices needed to meet business goals. Only three-percent of small and medium federal contractors have achieved CMMI Maturity Level 3. KeyLogic joins this distinguished group.
KeyLogic Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.