The Integer Group is looking for a lead strategist and problem-solver, a precision-thinker, an insatiably curious futurist, and creative collaborator to lead our Insight & Strategy Department in our Des Moines office.
The Vice President of Insight & Strategy provides strategic leadership and macro business perspective for growing both Client businesses and Agency business as a member of our senior leadership team. Supports agency competitive advantage by integrating agency processes and practices with new marketing models, research approaches, consumer/shopper knowledge applications, and an understanding of retail/marketplace dynamics. Leads the creation and implementation of consumer and shopper-driven insights and strategies that raise the level of agency work across our clients’ brands. Advances the overall evolution and integration of the Account Planning discipline at Integer within both the Des Moines office and our global network. Leads the integration of the Account Planning, Content Strategy, Digital Strategy and Connections Planning teams to develop comprehensive strategies that result in collaborative internal efforts and GREAT WORK THAT WORKS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Growing Client Brands and Businesses
- Serve as the senior level Insight & Strategy liaison with Clients. Demonstrates a mastery of current industry commerce, shopper and brand dynamics and is able to provide agency perspective on the impact, influence, and implications of these dynamics in succinct and actionable manner.
- Provide long-term perspective for brand and business growth that exceeds the scope of individual projects. Clearly articulates a strategic vision in a confident and persuasive manner to clients and teams; connects the vision to business imperatives and measures.
- Identify and leverage market, customer, commerce and shopper insights into meaningful big ideas and strategies.
- Guides the development of compelling, single-minded strategies and briefs that inspire great creative.Work closely with account leadership teams and creative teams to become a valued strategic partner both internally and externally. Ability to identify and cultivate incremental revenue opportunities.
- Grow the role of Account Planning in Integer’s competitive space; create a world-view through a consumer/commerce lens that is distinctly Integer.
- Provide an agency perspective on market research planning, execution and translation.
Integration and Advancement of Planning Discipline Internally/Management
- Make original contributions to Agency growth through leadership in internal cultural initiatives and development of new professional capabilities and perspectives.
- Supervise and advance the growth of Planning staff. Oversee the quality of deliverables.
- Lead the Content Team in gathering key consumer insights and development of content audits to translate communications strategies into actionable messaging strategies.
- Lead the Analytics Team in developing actionable client insights in digital, business and customer analytics.
- Verbalize and intellectualize agency positioning and growth opportunities.
- Advance the account planning and all the strategic planning disciplines within the agency and among clients. Work with peers to more effectively and efficiently integrate planning into agency culture and workflow processes. Assist in institutionalizing and sharing knowledge.
- Possess understanding of macro business context and environmental influences (i.e. retail landscape) that affect agency products and deliverables.
- Act as a champion, internally and externally, for Disruption, Shopper Marketing Tools, CX providing training and assistance to agency teams as and when required.
New Business Strategy
- Lead strategic thinking for new business pitches and presentations.
- Lead category, brand, product and shopper intelligence needs.
- Guide the development of compelling, single-minded strategies and briefs that inspire great creative.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years overall experience - with at least 5 years of this spent in previous agency strategic & planning positions
- Broad category experience, including consumer packaged goods
- Qualitative research or ethnography experience
- Solid interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Highly organized and articulate
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to inspire, communicate and collaborate with colleagues in the process of project
- The ability to write and present a compelling brief that contains concise product, target
audience and strategic information
- Possess a deep understanding of buyer/shopper behavior and shopper environments
- Solid grasp of research academics, design, and methodologies
- Able to distill data and findings into simple, relevant, and actionable insights
- Branding fundamentals
- Strong analytical and intuitive skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with Mac OS and Microsoft Office programs
- Bias for action and implementation
- Flexibility – able to work extra hours with little or no advance notification
- Ability to travel
Intrigued? Go to jobs.integer.com and apply online.