The Integer Group is seeking a Copywriter for our Dallas office. Working under the direction of the Creative Director, the Copywriter develops copy for a full range of creative / marketing ideas from concept through printed / produced materials with an emphasis on CPG/retail and shopper innovations and promotions. Copywriters utilize their exceptional ability and background in shopper marketing to concept ideas and exercise strategic thinking in all marketing materials and channels. Teamwork is paramount for success in this role as the Copywriter will work closely with Art Directors and other team members to develop a final visual product.
Demonstrates above-average writing/conceptual skills to create concepts/copy with an emphasis on promotions and retail that consistently deliver results for our clients.
- Writes persuasive copy with skill and personal style
- Delivers ideas that are creative and appropriate for the business
- Studies and develops effective communication that overcomes purchase barriers at retail (physical and digital)
- Demonstrates passion and desire for learning
- Manages and organizes personal workload and deadlines
- Understands agency environment and acts appropriately
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Writes persuasive copy with skill and personal style
- Demonstrates above-average skills needed for copywriting including:
- Writing fundamentals and persuasive communication.
- Wide range of thinking that translates into breakthrough innovations in retail and shopper marketing
- Understanding of Brand Voice and Audience (i.e., look, tone, and feel)
- Computer fluency
- Knowledge of industry trends, CPG/shopper marketing and ability to incorporate these into developed work
- Demonstrates exceptional problem-solving skills through an ability to generate multiple solutions/creative concepts/copy directions
- Pulls inspiration from personal and public life experiences and applications to develop innovative creative solutions
- Social and digital fluency
Delivers ideas that are creative and appropriate for the business
- Conceptual thinking
- Ability to think visually
- Knowledge of industry trends and ability to incorporate these trends into developed work
- Communicates concepts to senior team members, Account Leadership, Insight & Strategy and support groups quickly and effectively
- Demonstrates the ability to present concepts to clients clearly and concisely
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of marketing strategy and delivers concepts according to the set objectives and strategies outlined in the creative brief
- Uses store visits and internal education to further learn the business and retail intricacies.
- Shows ability to support creative ideas with fact-based rationale
Demonstrates passion and desire for learning
- Works closely with Sr. AD, Sr. Writer, ACD, or CD during all stages of a project to ensure opportunity for learning and guidance
- Is open to and takes creative direction from senior team members and translates that direction into action
- Shows initiative through independent thinking and problem solving
- Is driven to do the best work on every project regardless of scope or medium
- Demonstrates working knowledge of existing media channels and a desire to engage with emerging media channels
Manages and organizes personal workload and deadlines
- Understands the roles of different departments and the basics of getting a job through the system.
- Manages schedules and meets deadlines.
- Knows when to and is willing to ask for help.
- Shows project leadership by delegating work to, and managing interns as well as outside resources (e.g., photographers, illustrators, television/video producers).
Understands agency environment and acts professionally
- Collaborates on concepts with team members.
- Show business maturity through presence, behavior, and work-ethic.
- Shows financial responsibility by working within project budgets, finding innovative cost-saving solutions, and completing timesheets every week.
- Establishes and maintains the agency “Vision and Values” in the department and the agency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Advertising or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- (3+ years) with portfolio demonstrating integrated campaigns (concept through execution) with an emphasis on CPG/shopper marketing
- Open-minded and personable with innate conceptual design ability.
- Able and willing to listen, learn, and take direction well
- Flexibility – able to work extra hours with little or no advance notification.
- Able to apply learning’s from job to job
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team.