The Integer Group is seeking a entry-level Copywriter for our Dallas office. Working under the direction of the Creative Director, the Copywriter develops copy for a full range of creative / marketing ideas from concept through printed / produced materials with an emphasis on CPG/retail and shopper innovations and promotions. The Copywriter brings exceptional conceptual strategic thinking and writing, fresh style and an insatiable hunger for learning the business with boundless creative energy. Teamwork and the ability to take direction is crucial for the success of this role, working closely with Art Directors, Copywriters and ACD/Creative Director to develop of well-polished final visual product.
Develops and utilizes writing/conceptual skills to create concepts/copy that consistently deliver results for our clients.
- Writes persuasive copy with skill and personal style
- Delivers ideas that are creative and appropriate for the business
- Studies and develops effective communication that overcomes purchase barriers at retail (physical and digital)
- Demonstrates passion and desire for learning
- Manages and organizes personal workload and deadlines
- Understands agency environment and acts appropriately
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Writes persuasive copy with skill and personal style
- Demonstrates a strong grasp of the basic skills needed for copywriting including
- Writing fundamentals and persuasive communication.
- Wide range of thinking that translates into marketing ideas
- Understanding of Brand Voice and Audience (i.e., look, tone, and feel)
- Fluency on the computer
- Demonstrates exceptional problem-solving skills through an ability to generate multiple solutions/creative concepts/copy directions.
- Pulls inspiration from personal and public life experiences and applications to develop innovative creative solutions
- Social and digital fluency
Delivers ideas that are creative and appropriate for the business
- Conceptual thinking
- Ability to think visually
- Basic knowledge of basic industry trends and ability to incorporate these trends into developed work
- Communicates concepts to senior team members quickly and effectively.
- Uses store visits and internal agency training to further knowledge of the categories and business.
- Delivers concepts against the set objectives of a project as a first step toward understanding marketing strategy and its importance.
Demonstrates passion and desire for learning
- Works closely with Sr. AD, Sr. Writer, ACD or CD during all stages of a project to ensure opportunity for learning and guidance.
- Is open to, and takes creative direction from, senior team members and translates that direction into action.
- Shows initiative through independent thinking and problem solving.
- Is driven to do the best work for every project regardless of scope or medium.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of existing media channels, and a desire to engage with emerging media channels.
Manages and organizes personal workload and deadlines
- Understands basic roles of different departments and the basics of getting a job through the system.
- Manages schedules and meets deadlines.
- Knows when, and is willing, to ask for help.
Understands agency environment and acts professionally
- Collaborates on concepts with team members.
- Shows business maturity through presence, behavior and work-ethic.
- Shows financial responsibility by working within project budgets and completing timesheets every week.
- Establishes and maintains the agency “Vision and Values” in the department and the agency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience (1+ years preferred) with portfolio.
- Prior agency internships a plus
- Open-minded and personable with innate writing ability.
- Able and willing to listen, learn, and take direction well
- Flexibility – able to work extra hours with little or no advance notification.
- Listens and applies constructive criticism in job execution and performance issues
- Able to apply learning’s from job to job
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team.