The Integer Group is seeking a Sr. Copywriter for our Dallas office. Working under the direction of the Creative Director, the Sr. Copywriter develops copy for a full range of creative / marketing ideas from concept through printed / produced materials with an emphasis on CPG/retail and shopper innovations and promotions. Copywriters utilize their exceptional ability and expertise of shopper marketing to concept ideas and exercise strategic thinking in all marketing materials and channels. Teamwork is paramount for success in this role as the Copywriter will work closely with Art Directors and other team members to develop a final visual product. In addition, the Sr. Copywriter mentors other Copywriters within the team and agency to maintain high level of concept and craft expectations.
A master of the craft of Copywriting with an emphasis on promotions and retail. Demonstrates leadership, mentorship and consistently delivers results for our clients.
- Writes persuasive copy with skill and personal style
- Delivers ideas that are creative and appropriate for the business with minimal supervision
- Student of CPG/shopper marketing business and trends
- Demonstrates passion and desire for learning
- Manages and organizes personal workload and deadlines
- Understands agency environment and acts appropriately
- Ability to manage some projects from concept through execution with little to no ACD/CD supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Writes persuasive copy with skill and personal style
- Demonstrates expertise in the skills needed for copywriting including:
- Writing fundamentals and persuasive communication with the ability to excel in multiple styles
- Omni-channel thinking and writing approach that overcomes purchase barriers and communicates brand/promotion benefit at retail (physical and digital)
- Mastery of Brand Voice and Audience (i.e., look, tone, and feel)
- Computer fluency
- Demonstrates vision and the ability to effectively lead creative projects.
- Demonstrates consistently exceptional problem-solving skills through an ability to generate multiple solutions/creative concepts/copy directions across all platforms (promotional, retail, and advertising mediums).
- Pulls inspiration from personal and public life experiences and applications to develop innovative creative solutions
- Social and digital fluency
Delivers ideas that are creative and appropriate for the business
- Conceptual thinking
- Ability to think visually
- Knowledge of industry trends and ability to incorporate these trends into developed work.
- Communicates concepts to ACD/CD, Account Leadership, and support groups quickly and effectively.
- Uses store visits and internal education to further learn the business and retail intricacies.
- Presents concepts to clients clearly and concisely, with and without the presence of CD/ACD.
- Demonstrates leadership/mentorship by delegating work to and managing mid-level and associate-level team members as well as outside resources (e.g., voice talent, photographers, illustrators, television/video producers).
- Shows deeper understanding of marketing strategy by delivering concepts that both deliver on and push beyond the objectives and strategies outlined in the creative brief.
- Consistently supports creative ideas with fact-based rationale.
Demonstrates passion and desire for learning
- Is open to and takes creative direction from ACD/CD and translates that direction into action.
- Shows initiative through independent thinking and problem solving.
- Desires to grow and learn; knows when to engage ACD/CD for help with problem solving, accepts leadership challenges when appropriate.
- Is driven to do the best work on every project regardless of scope or medium.
- Demonstrates expertise of existing media channels and a desire to engage with emerging media channels.
Manages and organizes personal workload and deadlines
- Demonstrates an understanding of and ability to work with different departments to effectively and efficiently manage jobs through the system
- Manages schedules and meets deadlines
- Knows when to and is willing to ask for help
- Shows project leadership by delegating work to, and managing mid-level and associate-level team members as well as outside resources (e.g., photographers, illustrators, television/video producers)
Understands agency environment and acts professionally
- Promotes and nurtures a collaborative environment where ideas emerge and flourish.
- Shows business maturity through presence, behavior, and work-ethic.
- Shows financial responsibility by working within project budgets, finding innovative cost-saving solutions, and completing timesheets every week.
- Establishes and maintains the agency “Vision and Values” in the department and the agency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Advertising or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- (5+ years) with portfolio demonstrating integrated campaigns (concept through execution) with a foundation in CPG/shopper marketing.
- Open-minded and personable with innate conceptual design ability.
- Able and willing to listen, learn, and take direction well
- Flexibility – able to work extra hours with little or no advance notification.
- Listens and applies constructive criticism in job execution and performance issues
- Able to apply learning’s from job to job
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team.