Integer is looking for a Media Connections Strategist in our Denver, CO headquarters.
The Media Connections Strategist assists in the day-to-day process of developing insight-driven communication strategies supporting the activation of integrated client programs. Internally acts as a consultant advising the team on best communication channels/tools/technology to activate concepts. Externally, supports supervisor as liaison between Integer, agency partners and clients to ensure consumers and shoppers are effectively being reached through innovative touchpoints for all programs. Educates/motivates team members, when applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in developing brand and shopper strategies that come to life in Media/Technology/Digital channels, both online and offline. Helps develop connections strategies that inspire creative briefs, creative work, award-winning ideas, category insights, trend reports, and product innovations. Incorporates user-experience insights, technology insights and digital insights to inspire the creative process.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of client businesses, both from a current situation perspective, as well as a historical perspective. Maintains familiarity with the present organization and procedures of the clients, as well as conditions in both their industry and the advertising industry.
- Evaluates new/evolving/emerging touchpoint opportunities in the media, digital and retail spaces to determine media value and effectiveness (e.g., ibotta, Snapchat, etc.)
- Articulates strategies and ideas in a confident and persuasive manner to clients and teammates. Tells stories with data. Provides an energy level and attitude that brings new and exciting ideas to the team. Motivates and encourages innovation and creativity throughout all projects, serving as a role model within the team. Maintain solid team/client relationships and is positive, proactive, and willing to help.
- Accountable for accurate work by developing and checking details of any connections/media plans, buys reports, contracts, flowcharts, budget recaps, etc. before giving to supervisor for review. May prepare budget and buying parameter documents for client approval. Applies planning knowledge and goes beyond request parameters to provide well thought-out connections/media recommendations. Develops information into a client-ready format defined as visually appealing and complete with analysis, insight and implications. Proofs work as if it will be sent directly to client.
- Establishes self as a media expert by:
- Performing planning, buying and budget reporting tasks
- Demonstrating proficiency with research tools: Simmons, comScore, DART, Kantar, SRDS, Workhorse, advanced Excel skills, etc.
- Negotiating media buys within the confines of client guidelines
- Effectively representing the department at internal meetings
- Understanding media in a holistic manner (including digital and legacy media)
- Continuing to build knowledge of effective use of media planning, buying and advanced research tools
- Gathering and analyzing competitive spending information
- Maintaining working knowledge of competitive landscape and media opportunities
- Keeps supervisor informed of workload and development. Proactively identifies concerns/resolves issues on routine projects by collecting and analyzing information, troubleshooting and utilizing internal resources. Works with supervisor to develop understanding of competitive landscape. Assists supervisor in development of demographic, psychographic and behavioral consumer profiles.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage multiple tasks by prioritizing workload, completing and issuing projects in a timely fashion, continually following-up and communicating project status to supervisor on a regular basis. Proactively seeks opportunities and presents them to supervisor.
- Demonstrates proficiency and professionalism in productive media vendor relationships, rate negotiation, positioning, promotional and added value programs. Leverages vendor relationships to enhance media knowledge and provide additional value for client.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree required
- 3-5 years of media planning / connections strategy experience required
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks required
- Strong presentation skills required
- Strong command of media research and resources capabilities and limitations required
Intrigued? Go to jobs.integer.com and apply to be considered.