Integer is looking for a Media Planner/Buyer in our Denver, CO headquarters.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the preparation and implementation of thorough media plans, buys and corresponding reports. Accountable for managing budgets for client approved plans through full execution process. Works with supervisor on key client projects. Works collaboratively with internal and external partners. Instrumental in the development of Planning Assistants (as appropriate).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for accurate work by developing and checking details of plans, buys reports, contracts, flowcharts, budget recaps, etc. before giving to supervisor for review. Prepares budget and buying parameter documents for client approval. Applies planning knowledge and goes beyond request parameters to provide well thought-out media recommendations. Develops information into client-ready format defined as visually appealing and complete with analysis, insight and implications. Proofs work as if it will be sent directly to client.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage multiple tasks by prioritizing workload, completing and issuing projects in a timely fashion, continually following-up and communicating project status to supervisor on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates proficiency and professionalism in: productive media vendor relationships, rate negotiation, positioning, promotional and added value programs. Leverages vendor relationships to enhance media knowledge and provide additional value for client.
- Establishes self as a media expert by:
- Performing planning, buying and budget reporting tasks
- Demonstrating proficiency with research tools: Simmons, comScore, DART, Kantar, SRDS, Workhorse, advanced Excel skills, etc.
- Negotiating media buys within the confines of client guidelines
- Effectively representing the department at internal meetings
- Understanding media in a holistic manner (including digital and legacy media)
- Continuing to build knowledge of effective use of media planning, buying and advanced research tools
- Gathering and analyzing competitive spending information
- Maintaining working knowledge of competitive landscape and media opportunities
- Keeps supervisor informed of workload and development. Works with supervisor to develop understanding of competitive landscape. Assists supervisor in development of demographic, psychographic and behavioral consumer profiles. Proactively seeks opportunities and presents them to supervisor.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the interrelationship of budget reports and summaries by updating all related information upon revision of plans or buys.
- Proactively identifies concerns/resolves issues on routine projects by collecting and analyzing information, troubleshooting and utilizing internal resources.
- Ensures growth and development of Assistant Planner/Buyers by providing training (as appropriate).
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills and working relationships with the following levels:
- Account Leadership
- All levels of the Media department
- Creative and Insights teams
- Clients (as appropriate)
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of media planning and buying mechanics through relevant work experience, typically 2-3 years (Shopper Marketing experience a plus).
- PC and related software proficiency.
- Professional, positive, team-player attitude.
- Detail oriented, organized and accurate.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills. Interacts on a daily basis with media vendors, internal Account Service teams and occasionally with clients.
- College degree required.
- Availability for light travel.
Intrigued? Go to jobs.integer.com and apply to be considered.