Team Lead of infrastructure
Impark is one of the largest parking management companies in North America. We have 55 years of experience, and currently operate parking facilities in more than 240 cities across the United States and Canada. Our business continues to prosper and grow. As a result, we are looking for exceptional people to join our workforce. People who are committed, ambitious, and eager to learn. People like you.
Our continued success is driven by our core values, which are:
Be admirable: Always conduct yourself in an honest and professional manner.
Create positive energy: Choose optimism.
Be a trailblazer: Drive innovative ways to achieve growth.
These values guide our actions and keep us on the right path. At Impark, the most successful people are those individuals who integrate these beliefs into their actions at work, and incorporate them into everyday behavior.
Impark is currently looking for a full-time Team Lead of Infrastructure to work at our Vancouver, BC location.
The Team Lead of Infrastructure will coordinate and guide a team of second-level IT professionals in their day-to-day activities and define how their objectives will be achieved. Provide day-to-day administration, operation, support, and maintenance of corporate IT Server Infrastructure Environment located in data centers (Vancouver / Calgary / Chattanooga) including two virtual datacenters within Azure Cloud Services. As infrastructure team lead, responsible for providing reliable and secure computer resources consisting of: virtualization technology (VMware), Azure Cloud Services, Server Operating Systems (Microsoft Server Family - 2003/2008/2012) and related Microsoft Technologies (Features and Roles including Active Directory Services, Policies, DNS/DHCP/DFS/IIS), System Security (Endpoint security mitigation and patching), System Management (Microsoft SCCM), Microsoft Exchange, Citrix Technology.Systems Patching (i.e. SCCM and Monitoring tools), Storage Infrastructure (NetApp, Network Attached Storage, Storage Network (FC SAN, iSCSI and NFS).
This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, documenting and optimizing all IT Server Infrastructure hardware, and software. Perform installation of patches and upgrades as well as development of preventative maintenance plans.
Participate in: hardware & software installation, configuration, upgrades, including planning, conversions, customisations, interfaces, training, testing, and evaluation of new infrastructure and system components and technologies.
- Coordinates a team of first-level professional employees in their day-to-day activities. Organizes human, material and financial resources of the operational team to effectively accomplish the established planned outcomes.
- Provides guidance and support to team members to resolve issues, focus their efforts, assist their professional development and enable employees to optimize their contribution.
- Defines how the objectives of the operation team will be achieved in order to obtain established desired results. Modifies procedures and recommends modifications of processes, guidelines and policies.
- Primary responsibility of all IT Server Infrastructure environment: VMware environment, Datacenter Storage (NetApp), SAN and Storage Network, MS Windows Sever 2008R2/2012, MS Exchange 2010, Citrix, NetBackup, Veeam, Synthetic VMware Backup.
- Manage the firmware updates and configuration and Document any changes within the IT Server Infrastructure Environment.
- Administer Azure Cloud Environment and understand the logistics and financial responsibilities of the cloud service.
- Administer, manage and monitor all Server environments.
- Able to Build and structure servers or VM’s in the Azure Cloud.
- Manage all Software Licensing that relates to the Infrastructure environment.
- Architect and design technical solutions required for operation initiatives and projects.
- Write instructional and technical support documents for systems administrators/support staff as well as end-users/customers. Document and educate co-workers on all implemented solutions as well as improvements in network security practices and implementations.
- Evaluate potential technologies and provide recommendations on server hardware and implementations
- Work closely with the IT management team, support and customer care teams and other internal partners to satisfy all customer requirements.
- Participate in the growth of Information Technology and the development of IT standards and methodologies.
- Use of Helpdesk Ticketing system to track request from the user community.
- Understand the different types of Severity of all helpdesk ticket.
- Able to respond effectively and efficiently when an incident occurs.
- Understand the incident management plan
- Provide off hour, on call support as defined by client business requirements: Link document.
- Previous experience leading high-performance team, and ability to interact with Management and IT Infrastructure Specialists.
- Coordinate resources to accomplish projects and departmental objectives.
- Solid Understanding and working experience with Azure Cloud environment and VMware / vSphere, NetApp and Microsoft Windows Server Infrastructure in an enterprise environment is a must.
- Ensure team member have current skills and tool sets require in achieving success with their goals and responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge and a thorough understanding of the OSI Network Model, Ethernet, VLANs, and TCP/IP networking.
- Working experience in support of a large scale, mission critical enterprise infrastructure, and demonstrated excellence in implementation, administration, and troubleshooting complex, comprehensive enterprise level Server based environments.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field and at least 3-4years relevant work experience.
- Microsoft MCSE Certification, VMware Certification, ITIL Certification, CCNA Certification.
- Deductive reasoning skills as they pertain to system administration, such as troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs. firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and patterned vs. non-repeatable problems.
- Results-oriented and customer-focused. Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Able to drive and manage change.
- Adhere to IT methodologies and disciplines.
- Able to manage multiple conflicting priorities, reprioritize tasks, establish priorities, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, probe, analyze and problem-solve complex issues.
- Make decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a complex and changing environment.
- Work with detailed technical information and hands-on technology experience.
- Work as part of a team.
- Manage personal stress and know own limits.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgment.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
Other Job Attributes:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Commitment to company and staff.
- Willingness to travel.
If you describe yourself as a team player, enthusiastic, possess a high level of integrity and the willingness to make a significant contribution, we invite you to apply for this opportunity.
Impark is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with a Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity