|# of openings:||1|
. Role Summary
This position is responsible for Canadian and US taxation processes and compliance as well as certain financial reporting, forecasting and planning for Canadian and US branches.
• Prepare the Canadian income and capital tax returns and other corporate tax filings and tax compliance;
• Coordinate, review, gather, and collect information and data for completion of the US federal, state and city corporate and partnership tax returns and compliance;
• Administer Canadian and US income, capital and other corporate tax installments and payments;
• Provide assistance, analysis, research and support on commodity, payroll, state and city sales and use taxes;
• Prepare the necessary contemporaneous documentation for the Company’s transfer pricing;
• Manage corporate income and commodity tax authority audits;
• Develop and implement tax planning and structuring for the corporate group (e.g. quarterly inter-corporate dividends, management fees and inter-company balance maintenance);
• Prepare the Canadian, US and consolidated tax provision and forecast the Company’s tax expense for its annual operating plan and forecasts.
Financial Accounting and Analysis
• Prepare non-consolidated financial statements for the corporate entities and other financial schedules required for the tax filings;
• Prepare various financial, revenue and expenditure analyses, reconciliations and reports for management;
• Prepare taxes payable analyses and reconciliations
• Prepare current and deferred tax journal entries
• Assist with the analysis and implementation of potential acquisitions; Assist with gathering or providing information for due diligence requests.
• Manager, coordinate and assist with the analysis and implementation of corporate mergers, restructuring and reorganization
• Assist with special projects and other assignments.
Describe the education required or preferred for the role (diploma, degree, designation, certification, technical training program)
Bachelors Degree Accounting
Other Required Certifications CA, CGA, CMA, In-Depth Tax Course
Describe the specific experience required.
5 – 8 yrs experience in US corporate tax returns (or CND corporate tax returns)
Experience in preparing CND tax returns and compliance (or US Tax returns and compliance) is an asset
Previous Applicants Section
|Back to Search Results