ICI Services is looking for a motivated individual who wants to join our corporate headquarters office located in Virginia Beach, VA. ICI Services is a mid-sized defense contractor providing Engineering, Logistics, Program Services, and Technical Services to government clients in 20 states and the District of Columbia. We need a career-tracked Senior Benefits Specialist to join a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
- Responsible for coordination of ICI benefits incuding medical, dental, vision, pension, Flexible Spending Plan, TRICARE, Life and STD/LTD insurances.
Will lead new benefit enrollment, process qualifying life event changes, and coordinate annual open enrollment.
Respond and resolve employee benefit questions and concerns. May interact with family members as well.
Work with Service Contract Act (SCA) employee benefits, with unused H&W dollars rolling into 401(k).
Utilize ADP and other computer benefit programs to maintain benefits including health insurance, COBRA, and workers compensation.
Interact with benefit support vendors to administer benefits.
Conduct new hire orientation, develop benefit education materials and present benefit training.
Advise and consult with employees regarding interpretation and application of policies, programs and issues.
Generate benefit reports, build excel spreadsheets, and produce word documents.
Responsible for monthly benefit bill review and reconcilation of health, dental, and vision bills.
Perform annual compliance reviews to ensure job classifications are compliant with FLSA exempt and non-exempt.
Monitors and identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations.
Assist with ongoing and annual reporting requirements including pension plan audit.
Work with other corporate personnel including HR, finance, and payroll.
Perform other duties as assigned
Position reports to Director of Human Resources
- PHR certification is required. SPHR or benefit certification preferred.
- Possess 5 years of current professional exempt level HR and benefit experience.
- Evidence a strong HR career track record managing employee benefits for mid-size company, preferably a government contractor.
- Work history must include 2-3 years’ experience supporting Service Contract Act (SCA) benefits.
- Background must demonstrate effective working knowledge of FLSA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, and Equal Pay Act.
- Exhibit professional competency in benefit administration and time management.
- Display effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Employment history must reflect advanced customer service orientation
- Past positions must have substantial record of process improvement.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field required
- Master Degree in HR or related field preferred
VEVRAA Federal Contractor