Commercial Finance Analyst
Business & Sales Operations
Finance & accounting, Content teams, Clients
POSITION BASED IN
Global Eagle is the leading satellite-based provider of connectivity and media for fast-growing mobility markets across air, land and sea. The company provides the industry’s most comprehensive and advanced global product and services platform to organizations and people on the move.
Our customers include commercial airlines, business jets, cruise and ferry lines, yachts, and commercial shippers. In addition, it provides products and services for the world’s most remote land-based natural resource energy operations, governments, non-governmental organizations, and mobile network operators.
Supported by best-in-class and proprietary technologies, Global Eagle offers a fully integrated suite of solutions for connectivity and content, including Wi-Fi, on-demand video, multi-platform and multi-format entertainment content, interactive software, portable In Flight Entertainment solutions, content management services, ecommerce solutions, original content development, voice, cellular and 3G/LTE services, and mission-critical communications.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com. Follow us on LinkedIn
Reporting to the Sr Manager of Commercial Finance, the primary responsibility of the Commercial Analyst is to provide commercial analysis of deal economics to best position Global Eagle’s product offering. They will serve as business partners to Sales, Account Management, Legal, FP&A, & business unit leaders within the Aviation Content business. The scope will span the three main areas within the Aviation content division which are Content Provision Services, Content Distribution, and Digital Media Services, to ensure that revenue and contribution margins are optimized and effectively managed. We are looking for an individual with previous experience in commercial pricing, margin analysis, and the bid process.
- Business case and pricing model development for RFP bids and other opportunities to new and existing clients for all GEE products and services. Modeling includes cash flow analysis.
- Work closely with International finance team to assess client's financial trends and develop appropriate financial action plans.
- Become the "go to" person for his/her list of CSP clients and Sale team members for financial matters relating to CSP and Contents, understanding latest performance, macro environment and significant risk and opportunities.
- Provide in-depth and insightful strategic and financial analysis.
- Evaluate opportunities to improve client performance, including the preparation and analysis of financial models to evaluate new business opportunities.
- Monitor ongoing business performance and prepare presentations that communicate both business results and operating issues and opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing review of financial and operating results within commercial finance team to insure the Company meets or exceed financial targets.
- Assist with preparation of key pitches including monthly operational reviews, quarterly financial results, estimates and planning
- Liaise with the Sale team members in European and Middle-Eastern, American and Asian locations.
- Maintain deal status and deal pipeline to support focused sales actions and backlog management
- Perform ad-hoc financial support for pricing and offers outside of standard product structure
- Partner with account management and regional VP’s to perform analysis supporting revenue and margin expansion
- Drive process improvement through implementations of new processes, tools, and sharing of best practices
- Part with Legal/Business affairs to ensure all deal terms are defined in line w/ GEE standards. Also, to track deals through the contracting process.
- Fully qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CA or CPA – qualified by experience will be taken in to consideration
- Strong critical thinking & analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Detail oriented and organized in work with the ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proven experience preferred in progressive cross-functional finance positions covering both Product Supply and Business decision support roles. Pricing experience a plus.
- Strong working business and supply chain acumen. Knowledge of revenue/margin drivers and how to manage them optimally in a deal structure.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Experience with Oracle ERP, Hyperion, or equivalent accounting/reporting systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Solid understanding of US GAAP or IFRS principles (At minimum a strong understanding of Revenue Recognition rules)
- Critical thinking
- Proactive and independent
- Ability to communicate concisely
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.