Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,200 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Senior/Revenue Accountant, Content will be responsible for Content Revenue accounting and reporting. They will be involved in the month, quarter and year-end close processes including but not limited to the analysis of content revenue, directly associated costs and reporting deliverables. They will have the opportunity to work with our Accounting and Finance counterparts to help ensure that all financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and to provide accounting support, where needed. This role will also work closely with other internal Global Eagle Entertainment divisions, including Finance, Legal, Sales, Treasury, and Tax.
- Review purchase order and cost reports for license fees, technical services and prepare appropriate cost accruals
- Prepare deferred revenues and accrued revenues schedules and journals
- Prepare monthly intercompany invoices and journals
- Calculate royalty accruals arising from content delivered
- Ensure accounting and reporting is in compliance with US GAAP and Global Eagle Accounting Policy
- Calculate quarter revenue adjustments under ASC605 & ASC 606
- Calculate by Client Revenue Analysis and Deferred Revenue Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Preparation of reports, presentations, and summaries for Senior Management as required
- Liaison with internal and external auditors to support financial and SOX audits
- Develop and maintain close relationships with external auditors, management, legal department, sales team and accounting department personnel
- Assist with identifying areas for process improvement that are scalable: to increase productivity; increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Assist with special projects and research projects as assigned by Manager Revenue, Content and perform other tasks as needed to ensure accuracy of the financial statements
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred, MBA is a plus
- 3 - 4+ years of general accounting experience, public accounting experience desirable
- Revenue Recognition ASC 606 experience
- Solid foundation in GAAP, with knowledge of royalty accounting and its concepts (e.g. Advances, Deferred Unused Advances, Guarantee Shortfall, Audit Findings, and Fixed Fee etc.)
- Ability to interpret complex contractual agreements to determine the proper accounting treatment or disclosure consequences
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation” is critical
- Experience with SOX compliance preferred
- Experience in Media, Broadband, Telecommunications or Software Industries Highly preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high level of accuracy & integrity
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Previous experience with major accounting software experience such as Oracle, Salesforce, JD Edwards, MS Dynamics SL, MS Dynamics GP, Citrix, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Please note : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted who have experience with ASC 606.