Holmdel Operations Center
Manager, Holmdel Operations
This position reports to the Manager of Operations and interacts with the following: Secure Operations Control Center, Internal/external customers.
POSITION BASED IN
City, State/Country. Some international travel may be required.
Global Eagle is the leading satellite-based provider of connectivity and media for fast-growing mobility markets across air, land and sea. The company provides the industry most comprehensive and advanced global product and services platform to organizations and people on the move.
Our customers include commercial airlines, business jets, cruise and ferry lines, yachts, and commercial shippers. In addition, it provides products and services for the world’s most remote land-based natural resource energy operations, governments, non-governmental organizations, and mobile network operators.
Supported by best-in-class and proprietary technologies, Global Eagle offers a fully integrated suite of solutions for connectivity and content, including Wi-Fi, on-demand video, multi-platform and multi-format entertainment content, interactive software, portable In Flight Entertainment solutions, content management services, ecommerce solutions, original content development, voice, cellular and 3G/LTE services, and mission-critical communications.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com . Follow us on LinkedIn
Responsible to deliver superior customer service to maintain the contracted levels of RF and IP services to our internal and external customers. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Holmdel earth station facility including RF and terrestrial systems in support of RF, Data and Internet services.
- Deliver superior customer service to our customers.
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure effective results on all workflows.
- Monitors RF service levels and takes appropriate action to maintain those contracted levels.
- Works with customers in the configuration and troubleshooting of satellite equipment.
- Opens/closes Trouble tickets as required.
- Document/maintain accurate information in the databases used in Operations.
- Establishes good working relationship with internal/external departments to ensure timely completion of various tasks.
- Uses test measurement and diagnostic equipment to analyze, interpret, troubleshoot, document and restore services.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures as assigned.
- Configures, troubleshoot and maintains various satellite equipment: Antenna’s, LNA’s/LNB’s, Transmitters, Converters, TDMA platforms and Modems with all associated protection switches.
- Activates, maintains and troubleshoots antenna-de-icing procedures under inclement weather conditions.
- Initiates emergency restoration procedures following commercial power failures.
- Monitors and troubleshoots Teleports terrestrial systems for proper operation.
- Monitors and troubleshoots RF, IF, and L-band satellite networks for proper contracted levels.
- Monitor and Control M&C and security systems as needed.
- Advanced Knowledge of iDirect platforms to monitor, troubleshoot, and activate services is preferred.
- Provide remote troubleshooting of earth station to mobile/stabilized VSAT systems.
- Interact with satellite provider as needed to resolve anomalies reported by spacecraft operator or customers.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Associates Degree or technical school graduate or equivalent experience. 1-2 years’ experience within the industry required (preferably in Operations, NOC and/or Program Prep) plus a minimum of 3years experience in the Satcom industry.
- 3 years of experience working with iDirect NMS is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to analyze relationships between problem components.
- Possesses the capacity to identify and prioritize issues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary.
- Proactive and resourceful individual and detail-oriented
- Completion of iDirect Basic and Advanced IOM courses desired.
- Must obtain and maintain a TS SCI clearance.
Some Travel may be required. The Holmdel Broadcast Center is a 24x7 facility and requires a candidate that is flexible to be available for any shift and to work weekends as required. Must have the ability to lift and move equipment up to 75 pounds. Must be able to climb antennas up to 30 ft.
- Strategic thinking
Please note : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.