Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
The Lead Content Programming Manager (LCPM) will form part of the global Content Programming leadership team and have wide oversight over content selection for airlines managed out of their office(s). Their passion for and in-depth knowledge of content and media will enable them to contribute to and execute on Global Eagle’s content strategy. They will be responsible for managing the financial performance of movie and tv recommendations for a large number of airlines, and expected to contribute financial insight to various content acquisition discussions.
LCPMs will coach, develop and train the teams responsible for content selections, encouraging a culture of collaboration and creativity. They will be responsible for ongoing resource allocation to match their teams’ skillset with the most appropriate client. Executing and implementing global programming initiatives will be a key focus for this role, including process reviews and transitioning to a digital workflow. LCPMs will ensure continuous improvement to allow their programming team to effectively provide commercially beneficial, quality content to our clients. This will often necessitate leading inter-departmental discussions with account managers, content acquisitions and content operations to align across the content supply chain.
- Oversee selection of movie and TV content for aviation clients based on their customer profiles and contractual requirements while managing Global Eagle’s margin on content
- Monitor and review service level agreements and other contractual requirements in collaboration with Account Management
- Lead and/or assist with onboarding of new airlines
- Maintain global programming documentation on an ongoing basis
- Review aggregated content margin across all monthly and annual content selections in reference to the P/L and financial KPIs
- Manage title forecasts and deal utilization to maximize value of GE group deals
- Identify content for potential distributor deals for specific titles and suggest structure for deals for Global Eagle group deals
- Research media industry trends and developments and apply insights to influence acquisitions and programming choices
- Manage content strategy and ensure completeness of RFP submissions
- Oversee end-to-end workflows and identify areas for improvements
- Implement process improvements across department to improve overall efficiency
- Lead and contribute to inter-departmental discussions, acting as the programming representative
- Create development plans, conduct performance reviews, and perform disciplinary actions as needed
- Guide teams through transition to a digital workflow
- Identify skills gaps in teams and deliver or source appropriate training
- Ensure adherence to standardized operating procedures and processes
- Constant sharing of best-practice, ideas and team initiatives with other LCPMs across the globe
- Management of allocation of clients between CPMs/SCPMs on an ongoing basis
- Resource management including capacity planning, interviewing and hiring new staff
- Develop and manage KPI reporting for key programming metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent international degree)
- Proven management experience with in a high-paced, time-sensitive environment
- In-depth knowledge of movie, TV content, distribution models, and aviation clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to delegate tasks and develop junior management team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to develop effective presentations
- Build and manage relationships with clients and internal stakeholders to influence and persuade
- Close attention to detail
- Adherence to deadlines and ability to manage time effectively
- Proactive identification of problems and trends and the ability to develop mitigation approaches to reduce risk
- Ability to read, understand, contribute to, and manage a P/L
- Interested in movies, TV content
- Understanding of cultural nuance and sensitivity to certain types of content
Please note : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.