Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com
In collaboration with assigned business leaders, the Senior Director, HRBP will operate as a catalyst in delivering HR solutions to support the specific needs of the business groups and overall business objectives. This role provides global support for the leadership team and their employees in the global Connectivity department as well as the global Product and Portfolio department. This individual will act as a thought partner, trusted advisor, coach and business partner to the senior leadership team and their associates. The successful candidate will be comfortable performing tactical work and leading change in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This individual will work closely with internal counterparts for successful planning and delivery of HR programs and services to the business.
- In partnership with management up to and including senior members of the senior leadership team, this position creates alignment between people and organizational development strategy and short and long-term business strategy.
- Provides HR expertise while promoting corporate values. Manages change and complex projects in support of organizational objectives. Acts as a change leader within the organization, coaching others in change management.
- Utilizes management metrics and associate feedback tools to identify and act on trends which will proactively: help drive organizational efficiency; improve management quality and effectiveness; make recommendations to enhance company and departmental profitability; improve employee performance; and improve employee retention and engagement.
- Ensures client groups are structured optimally and provide appropriate career paths to enable organizational effectiveness, while driving consistency and alignment across the Company.
- Oversee the talent management pool through the identification and assessment of talent strengths and development opportunities; support management in the preparation of development plans to ensure employees are prepared for future opportunities.
- Implement HR best practices and processes such as performance management, compensation planning and workforce/succession planning timely and accurately and in compliance with employment law.
- Orient new managers to their people management responsibilities and obligations.
- Liaise with global HRBPs in order to align/coordinate effort administering HR processes and work collaboratively on cross business/geographical issues.
- Provide guidance and support to HR Business Partners.
- Works closely with senior management and Compensation department to establish and maintain competitive variable incentive plans
- Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of people issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach.
- Responsible for ensuring employees are on and off boarded in a seamless and professional manner and ensure all compliance requirements are met.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- BA degree or equivalent:
- French verbal and written skills, preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate environment successfully coaching c-suite level executives and their respective management teams and employees in a corporate environment.
- Experience supporting Engineering functions.
- Coaching and consulting skills with demonstrated record of problem solving and organizational development diagnosis skills. Possess the ability to maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of employment law, policies and procedures is essential.
- Solid critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills. Possess the ability to articulate the complexity of business need and the capability to build/develop practical action plans based upon those needs.
- Excellent teaming, interpersonal, negotiation, and analytical skills are required. Must demonstrate the ability to quickly develop credibility with and influence all levels of associates and management alike.
- Strong business acumen, encompassing the ability to see the "Big Picture" within a complex, multi-faceted organization, and initiate change management with client groups.
- Self-directed and have experience in facilitating meetings, utilizing effective presentation skills.
- Broad business perspective, encompassing a thorough understanding of business goals, vision and culture. Strong project management skills, strong detail orientation, a demonstrated responsiveness to a high volume of customers, and exceptional interpersonal flexibility is required.
- Prior experience navigating in a multi divisional matrix company structure
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, evaluate people, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- System experience – HRIS (Oracle and Taleo desirable but not essential)
Areas of interest and intrinsic competencies
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in a fast paced, multi-tasking, aggressive and dynamic organization along with significant influence/negotiation skills
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, influence and communication skills, both verbal and written
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.