Manager, Service Delivery - Desk Side Support
|Department:||NOC Level 1 Support (4650)|
Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,200 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
We are looking for someone with a scrappy, get-it-done attitude who is passionate about meeting the needs of our end user team members. This role is going to partner closely with the our Director of IT Infrastructure Engineering. This go-getter will have the privilege of leading the team that helps deliver on team member needs as well as the change management framework. This leader will provide expertise and support for all Global Eagle initiatives in the data center environment. This person will work as part of a high-caliber team of experienced IT professionals, to ensure uptime, availability, and performance SLAs are met in an environment that is constantly evolving and expanding. Additionally, this person will have the responsibility of ensuring that this critical environment and the associated projects are conducted within all set guidelines to ensure process adherence, compliance and best practices.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities
· Work independently with limited supervision to maintain high performing service support functions for the change processes, and migration projects
· Senior contributor to the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
· As the owner of the escalation process, the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensure coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post-incident review
· Monitor and control SLA adherence and change management process
· Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies, and procedures are in place and followed
· Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimized and agreed
· Drive internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes
· 24 X 7 availability to support for escalations
· Adhere to procedures in accordance with incident, problem, configuration, and change management processes and maintain compliance and audit readiness
· Help to create streamlined workflows and processes for enterprise’s infrastructure and deployment needs
· Create knowledge articles and documentation to help internal teams understand and leverage the implemented workflows and processes
· Explore new technologies to improve efficiency and maximize performance
· Work with vendors for procurement of equipment and lead implementation
· Contribute to a positive, supportive team and company culture.
· Maintain overall industry knowledge on the latest trends, technology, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.525
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
· 10+ years’ experience in data center, IT change management, and service delivery
· Project management experience is a huge plus
· Excellent change management skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a changing environment
· Previous leadership/managerial experience and in leading virtual teams
· Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
· Excellent leadership and people management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
· Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
· Excellent organizational skills
· Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
· Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
· Able to manage and prioritize and tasks and time efficiently
· Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
· The individual must be a self-driven, motivated senior data center and change manager with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and leadership/good executive presence.
· Can work autonomously, a team player and possess the ability to interact and interface with all levels.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written); effective in interaction with other teams.
· Must be a self-starter and have excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure but most importantly can plan and execute complex projects resulting in a successful implementation with minimal / zero downtime impact.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results