Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,500 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com
The Operations Engineer, RF is the primary interface between Engineering and Operations. This role is responsible for the TS analysis on design, TS audit, and re-design actions as necessary to meet operations KPI’s. This role is part of a centralized escalation point for operations regarding all satellite, networking, product issues and Network Management.
- Must be a proactive & capable team player, delegates and completes assigned tasks under strict deadlines and possess a can do attitude.
- Minimum 5 Years of Hands-On Industry Experience
- BA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience required:
- Installing, operating and maintaining of global EOIP networks. (Core & Distribution Layers)
- Monitoring & managing ISP and Carrier Networks and Relationships
- Cisco certifications: CCNA/P desired.
- Fluent knowledge and hands on experience of iDirect technology, servers, protocol processors, line cards, MODEMSs as well as other MODEM technologies, cisco devices, EMC proprietary product and services desired.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and general network theory/TS desired.
- Full administration of Layer2 and Layer3 devices.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Tools. IPSLA, Packet Generators and Capture.
- Hands-On Wi-Fi, VoIP, Video and WAN acceleration solutions desired.
- Highly motivated with the ability to perform at the highest levels and standards.
- Knowledge of routing and switching protocols (VLANs, HSRP, Dynamic Routing Protocols, MPLS).
- Advanced knowledge on BGP, QoS and Security.
- Subject matter expert on VoIP and Video Solutions (FXS, E1, SIP, H323, Gateways/Gatekeepers).
- Manage complex transport system hardware and software architectures.
- Maintain capacity and professionalism in the compilation of document and procedure.
- Excellent presentation skills, positive, customer service attitude and strong communication skills in English.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to operate without direct supervision.
- Cisco Certified (CCNA/CCNP) desired.
- iDirect Advanced IOM, BHI, and QoS Certifications desired.
- RiverBed Certifications desired.
- Advises and direct a highly diversified global team responsible for the greater network health and welfare.
- Reviews and recommend technical solutions at all levels in order to fulfill for the implementation of new product designs.
- Receives Specialist Level (GSA & GDC) escalations for incidents analysis and resolution within contracted SLA’s
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.