Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content, and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com .
The Maritime Field Engineer is responsible for providing onsite technical support for the purpose of the installation, repair and maintenance of terrestrial systems and satellite earth stations/VSAT/ESV terminals in both fixed and stabilized environments at customer locations located anywhere in the world.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities of the position:
- Troubleshoot RF and IP components of maritime VSAT/ESV systems using specialized software and test equipment. Interpret troubleshooting results and determine the best course of action to restore operations in the least time possible and most cost-effective manner.
- Analyze the results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services are working satisfactorily.
- Analyze diagnostic tools and monitoring software to proactively interpret problems or symptoms that can lead to equipment failure or degradation of network efficiency. Take action to resolve such anomalies prior to failure impacting customer services.
- Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting communication equipment including satellite modems, transceivers, BUC’s, LNB’s, Stabilized antennas (SeaTel, Orbit, Intellian), and out of band management.
- Interpret technical drawings, service orders, circuit diagrams, part lists and schematics to effectively understand and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Understand/Manipulate test equipment and tools required to diagnose VSAT systems including but not limited to; spectrum analyzers, multimeters, data testers, hand tools, etc.
- Complete detailed written corrective maintenance, site survey and preventative maintenance reports that are clear and grammatically correct in English upon completion of service activity.
- Maintain tools, test equipment and manage spares inventory as required.
- Maintain the proper up-to-date documents in order to travel on short notice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meet all HSE requirements and certifications to perform job duties.
- Degree in electrical/electronic/communications engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- One-Two years of field experience installing and troubleshooting maritime VSAT/ESV systems (knowledge of Seatel and Intellian products preferred).
- Once hired, 2 months of on the job training.
- Excellent English both written and verbal. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Good skills in MS-Office environment (Word, Excel & Project).
- Basics of RF (Satellite/Microwave) communications and IP Networking (Cisco experience preferred).
- Familiar with Spectrum Analyzers and BER Test Equipment.
- Self-organized, problem-solving skills, technical background, communications skills, client relations management, conflict resolution, and planning skills.
- PC & telephone use.
- Able to transport or lift tools and/or equipment weighing up to 75lbs.
- Be able to pass a basic medical fitness test.
- Working aloft may be required.
- Heavy travel required (80%) both locally and non local.
- Ability to maintain a valid passport and safety certification.
Please note : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.