Job Summary: The Pricing Manager is responsible to manage all aspects of the Pricing department, including but not limited to the processes, analytics, conflict resolutions, continuous improvements, and cross-functional collaboration, all of which serve the ultimate purpose of increasing profits (either growing revenues and/or reducing costs).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Price services appropriately; based on target profit margins for the company and the value customers receive; pricing includes annual bids, projects, spot quotes, etc.
- Complete bids using network yields, historical market rates, internal matrix rates, origin and destination analysis, volumes, customer requirements, etc.
- Complete spot quotes, RFP’s, RFI’s and other related activities in support of the company and Pricing department
- Increase efficiency and profitability through controls and analysis of the pricing, using costs (e.g. fuel, driver pay, etc.), market index comparisons, historical comparisons, supply & demand, network flow, etc.
- Support Agent network, internal and external sales on bid packages and customer pricing, utilizing Pricing department processes, controls, and documentation to facilitate this task
- Lead analysis efforts (e.g. customer accounts, areas / regions, low yielding freight, etc.) related to the profitability and pricing objectives / goals (i.e. RPLM)
- Develop ideas to increase rate per mile and/or efficiency and assist in leading the execution of associated tasks
- Develop cost reduction ideas and assist in leading the execution of associated tasks
- Provide support in areas of pricing & fuel, specifically understanding how to compensate for variations in customer fuel and different fuel service charge methods (i.e. percentage based, break through, etc.)
- Train and/or transfer knowledge of pricing related topics within the department and across the company
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 1-2 years of pricing experience in a related field required
- AA or BA Degree in a related field required
- Must be able to review data and analyze to make recommendations for business moving forward
- Assist with pricing services appropriately based on target profit margins and value for the customers
- Must have experience with all Microsoft Office products and general computer skills
CRST is an EOE. Candidate subject to successful completion of pre-employment background and drug testing.