Job Summary: The Customer Service Representative provides excellent service and administrative support for our health industry customers by ensuring internal and external communication between customers and operations via phone, email, or verbal conversation. The individual in this role will be responsible for scheduling and working with customers to fill capacity and lane balance as well as providing all administrative documentation and communication support for health science customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all facets of customer freight shipments including booking freight, building orders, answering customer calls, and proactively monitoring loads in progress.
- Creates optimal front line customer relations, working with customers from specific regions to ensure maximum utilization and profitability.
- Works with supervisor(s) to generate and manage on time service reports and report turned down load opportunities due to capacity planning.
- Manages deadhead by coordinating with outbound planning to ensure lanes are filled with head hauls and back hauls as necessary to fulfill customer and company needs.
- Ensures that all outbound drivers have pre-plans prior to current delivery by coordinating inbound freight for Health Sciences drivers with open availability in the field.
- Works with sales department to ensure that all lane opportunities are evaluated for long-term and short-term service feasibility based on current freight lanes.
- Coordinates with supervisors and driver managers to ensure that High Value/High Security loads are executed per customer and company SOP's.
- Reconciles all reefer loads to ensure correct temperatures in relation to order and report issues to the driver manager or supervisor
- Ensures correct set points on all loaded departure calls reconciling system, q/c messages and reefer tracking software
- Responsible for all POD customer requests, temp data requests, and any other custom reports requested by customers.
- Responsible for Cardinal weekly schedule and adjusted scheduled route notifications
- Responsible for all Pharma customer specific departure schedules including current and next day security sheets for pharma customers.
- Responsible for coordinating between billing and customers when needed
- Handles driver check calls and fuel solutions
- Perform special assignments as delegated, relating to special areas of concern
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 12 months of previous experience in a related field preferred, customer service and operations experience strongly preferred
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Verbal and Written communication skills are needed
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
CRST is an EOE