Job Summary: The Safety Trainer is responsible for conducting the orientation and hiring process, including road testing drivers and conducting classes for DOT requirements, entry-level driver training, and CRST policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check driver applicants into orientation.
- Obtain and prepare materials for driver qualification files, Working with the Reference Specialist to eliminate driver application issues/problems and track completion items during the orientation and hiring process.
- Monitor and reorder inventory items and supplies for office and orientation class.
- Conduct classroom environment training on tractor-trailer operations and safety, DOT regulations, entry-level driver training, and company policies and procedures, coordinating with multiple departments in execution of online training briefings and WebEx Conference calls.
- Assist with review and updates to training power points, self-study guides, or other training materials as needed or required.
- Conduct training to complete requirements for weekly Lead Driver Certification Classes.
- Review all DOT inspections, motor vehicle citations, and accident trends as received on CRST drivers or equipment to identify trends and recommend prevention/corrective action measures.
- Work with CRST's over the road drivers who have skill or other problems and conduct Safety Review/Defensive Driving courses to train/eliminate future problems, accurately preparing and completing associated documentation with inspections, accidents, fleet check reports, training requirements, and CSA scores.
- Maintain DOT Certifications to conduct pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Maintain compliance with all regulations related to a DOT "Safety Sensitive" position.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 6-12 months of previous experience in the transportation industry required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Class A CDL and Medical Card required
- Basic computer skills needed
- Experience in stand up training techniques or OTR Driving experience preferred
CRST is an EOE. Candidate subject to successful completion of pre-employment background and drug testing.