Job Summary: The Account Executive is responsible for managing customer accounts, procuring and brokering freight, and providing quality transportation solutions for customers utilizing third party carriers that will meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Develop relationships and grow revenues and margins with existing and new CRST customers
- Communicate daily with all customers and Logistics personnel concerning daily operations, billing, claims and all other project issues
- Serve as the primary negotiator/decision maker for CRST Logistics in regards to freight capacity commitments.
- Be proactive in dealing with third party carriers and customers
- Work closely with all departments in order to increase revenues, hold down cost, increase total market share, and resolve customer/carrier issues
- Broker freight and negotiate rates to third party carriers who will meet or exceed service and safety standards with an eye on maximizing margins
- Provide exemplary customer service to customer base and third party carriers
- Inquire about additional sales opportunities with customers and carriers during each contact
- Understand customer shipping needs, quoting and negotiating rates with both the customer and carriers in order to find the most efficient and profitable shipping option, order tracking and on time delivery confirmation
- Be available to take calls or assist after hours if carrier or customer is needing assistance
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 6-12 months in a sales, customer service, or related field required
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Experience navigating Microsoft Office Suite and multiple databases needed
- Must be able to problem solve and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Experience in drayage
CRST is an EOE. Candidate subject to successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screening.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org