The Controller is responsible for all aspects of finance, accounting, & financial analysis for the CRST Pegasus Transportation business. The individual also manages settlements, billing, and credit & collections.
- Provide financial and analytical support to management
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate analysis of the results against historical, planned, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making.
- Fair presentation of the financial results in accordance with GAAP.
- Develop and propose accounting policies, procedures, and adequate internal controls.
- Supervise the accounting team and manage the processes related to both business analysis and financial close procedures.
- Understand and monitor the key operating metrics of each of the businesses and provide management with analysis to improve operating metrics.
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools and concepts to provide practical counsel to the company managers in order to drive business results.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the planning and forecasting processes
- Assist with the new business process including pricing.
- Understand the financial processes driving the financial results in order to identify and propose changes to continually improve those processes and result in better information.
- Ensure integrity of the company's financial information.
- Ensure all revenue and expense items are recorded in the appropriate accounting period.
- Determine and monitor accruals and estimates used in the financial statements.
- Responsible for monthly account reconciliations.
- Supervise and manage the settlements and billing teams, and the credit, collections, and cash applications team.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 5 years of previous experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA certification preferred
- Understanding of Generally Applied Accounting Principles, Data analysis, research experience needed
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required
To apply, please email email@example.com
CRST is an EOE. Candidate subject to successful completion of pre-employment background and drug testing.