At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Directs and coordinates the operational, financial, personnel, and strategic planning efforts of specific individual departments. Works as part of a team within the Division along with other Administrators under the direction of the Division Administrator to accomplish the goals of the Division in which it is a part. The Department Administrator is a member of the Clinic Operations Team and assists the Senior Administrative Management Team, the Executive Committee, and the Board in determining strategic goals and long-term plans for Revere Health, and in developing the necessary policies and procedures to achieve the identified objectives.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Leads and oversees a team consisting of Office Managers, Supervisors and Staff in managing the daily operations and the development and promotion of services within the Departments. Schedules and conducts regular meetings to ensure smooth operations.
- Develops & maintains a sound plan of Departmental organization, including a regular and systematic evaluation of overall operations resulting in the creation of plans for improvement in operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as analyzing and recommending changes in organization systems, policies and procedures.
- Works with the Department Chairs to develop agendas for and conduct departmental physician meetings. Develops and implements procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the Department and between the Department and Administration.
- Oversees physical facility and equipment resources. Reviews facility and equipment needs including evaluation, acquisition, and maintenance needs. Recommends capital expenditures in line with Revere Health policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining necessary level of supplies on hand and ensuring that purchasing mechanisms are effective and efficient.
- Ensures that all Departmental activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations. Ensures compliance with Medicare regulations.
- Attends Clinic Operations meetings and communicates important information back to departments and staff within the Departments.
- In accordance with direction from the Finance Team and Division Administrator, prepares and maintains departmental budgets and financial reporting systems.
- Reviews regular financial reports to ensure acceptable income/cash flow. Maintains system to evaluate department profits, productivity, utilization of resources and quality of care.
- Responsible for ensuring that all expenses within the Department are accurate, appropriate and paid timely.
- Works with the Division Administrator to set goals for the Departments. Reports back regularly on the achievement of those goals.
- Develops and implements short-term and long-range plans and goals for the Departments based on the organizational plans and Revere Health growth objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with outside strategic partners, including area hospitals, referring physician groups, and others.
- Directly and indirectly supervises a team consisting of Office Managers, Supervisors and Staff. Ensures that the responsibilities, authority, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood. Evaluates their performance and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Seeks input and assistance of the Human Resources team for the development of human resource strategies and policies to maintain a high performing staff.
- Assigns duties to ensure effective and efficient operations with and trains personnel to ensure that all employees have an in-depth knowledge of their assigned tasks.
- Ensures that all personnel adhere to Clinic Policy, including following all aspects of the Employee Handbook and receiving all required and/or necessary training. Administers disciplinary action as necessary.
- Maintains understanding of various state and federal laws that govern employment and personnel actions. Ensures that all payroll and personnel records are complete, accurate and maintained in accordance with applicable laws.
Other Duties will also be required as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in health administration, business administration or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years’ experience in administrative or business services in a health care setting including Two years of supervisor experience. Experience in Physician Practice management preferred.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA, Stark, Anti-kickback, FMLA, FLSA, and OSHA.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Orthopedic leadership experience would be preferred.