At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Status : PRN
Position: Certified Surgical Technician
Department : OB/GYN
Location : PLEASANT GROVE
- •Requires certificate as a Certified Surgical Technician.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain appropriate facility privileges.
- One to three years experience in surgical assist duties (preference given to applicants with experience with gynecologic procedures).
- Experience with Da Vinci Robot preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software usage with the ability to use computer software in surgical settings.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and computer Web based software.
- Revere Health OB/GYN is looking to hire a part-time/PRN surgical technician.
- The successful candidate is a highly trained professional who performs many of the routine tasks of the surgeon. •
- Follows the patient through all stages of the operation and is responsible for the smooth running of the operating room.
- Confers with the surgeon and ensures that appropriate equipment is present in the theatre.
- Assists in positioning the patient.
- Assists during the operation by retracting tissues, performing cauterization under direction of the surgeon and clamping tissues, among other duties. •
- The assistant is often responsible for closing and suturing the operation wound under the surgeon’s guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prep and drape patient prior to and during surgery
- Close wounds with correct suture technique and correct suture materials as directed by the physician under the physician’s supervision.
- Assist the physician with post-operative dressings.
- Develop close working relationship with surgeon.
- Display a willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment in surgical operating situations.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure high quality and successful surgical outcomes.
- Demonstrate performance as a self-starter, anticipating the surgeon’s needs and requirements to have instruments and equipment handed to or placed for the physician properly for easy access per physicians instructions.
- Perform functions to retract tissue during the operation to allow surgeon full access and visibility during surgery.
Hours: Monday- Friday